What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accents in IPad1

vargasjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently upgraded the OS of my IPad1 to the 5.1.1 version. After doing that, I noticed that I could no longer type accents. By maintaining letters pressed (as before) nothing happens, no accents appear. Any clue about the reason ?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vargasjr said:
I recently upgraded the OS of my IPad1 to the 5.1.1 version. After doing that, I noticed that I could no longer type accents. By maintaining letters pressed (as before) nothing happens, no accents appear. Any clue about the reason ?

Helló vargasjr, welcome to the forum. In this "new" version 5.1.1, accent marks are embedded in the key board. For instance if you press the 'e' key you will get é ë è ê ē ę ė and so on. Š ß š goes with the letter 's'. if you press the comma key you get the single quote mark ' .... Use an app like our iPad forum and explore the keyboard.

dgl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to use accents over letters using my wireless keyboard. Can anyone help? dgl

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Helló vargasjr, welcome to the forum. In this "new" version 5.1.1, accent marks are embedded in the key board. For instance if you press the 'e' key you will get é ë è ê ē ę ė and so on. Š ß š goes with the letter 's'. if you press the comma key you get the single quote mark ' .... Use an app like our iPad forum and explore the keyboard.
Thank you for that info, Matt!
I hadn't realised we could do that.

dgl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Ellizen. I can get the accents using the keyboard on my ipad, but not when I am using my wireless keyboard which is connected to the ipad by bluetooth.

Most reactions

Latest posts