What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acceleration Problem?

DPtheKid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I'm having trouble with my iPad 3 Accelerometer and would just like to ask for some help. I think there is something wrong with the accelerometer and how it switches it's orientation. When holding it flat infront of me, it takes about 45 degrees to switch to the left landscape orrientation wereas it only take 10 degrees to switch to the right ladscape orientation. Is this a hardware issue or a software issue. Please can someone help as I am tearing my hair out as to whether my iPad needs replacing or not...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It could be affected by magnetic fields in your location. Did you try it at various locations?

You'll know when you need it replace when it no longer changes orientation at all. That is when you will realy want to tear your hair out. This is what happened to me last November....it was frozen in one orientiation and would not change no matter what. I took it to the apple store, the reset this and that, and finally gave me a knew one. While I can't be sure, I would be doubtful that they would swap you a knew one based on the amount of tilt. They don't publish what an appropriate amount is and with gyros and things, magnetic fields and such could affect how the operate.

Most reactions

Latest posts