What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

about external memory..

LiosCheah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all ...as the topic mentioned, i felt that my 16gb ipad is not enuf for me...i would like to ask if my ipad2 is jailbroken, can i use a memory card adptor to connect my ipad2 with a SD memory card and then store my apps or photo on the memory card when my internal space is running out....something like working on android.... :ipad-front:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it can. We have lots of threads active on it at the moment if you look around this section.

The Camera Connection Kit (CCK) can be used with SD cards as external storage, and then you can use a jailbreak App such as iFile to manage the files on there, for example launching videos / music in the players of your choice. Have a search around our threads for more information.

H

hazi1610

Sorry to jump in but this is of interest to me.
If I get the connection kit, does that mean without jailbreaking I can transfer some things over and back again if I want to? Not talking about launching appear from the sd card, just purely for extra storage?
Thanks in advance and again, apologies for jumping in in somebody else's thread.

Alison
Sent from my GT-I9000 using iPad Forums, soon to be sending from my ipad 2.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to jump in but this is of interest to me.
If I get the connection kit, does that mean without jailbreaking I can transfer some things over and back again if I want to? Not talking about launching appear from the sd card, just purely for extra storage?
Thanks in advance and again, apologies for jumping in in somebody else's thread.

Alison

No - this is not possible on a non-jail broken iPad. On a 'stock' iPad the camera connection kit can only be used for loading photos from a camera or SD card to the iPad. No other format of files is supported.

Tim

H

hazi1610

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
No - this is not possible on a non-jail broken iPad. On a 'stock' iPad the camera connection kit can only be used for loading photos from a camera or SD card to the iPad. No other format of files is supported.

Tim

Thank you, good to know. Now I have to decide, 16 or 32. Hmmm.

Alison

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not wait for the seagate wifi HD for the iPad? 500 gig of space.

OP
L

LiosCheah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can the seagate wifi HD act as an external drive for ipad without jailbreaking the ipad? if it can i will consider it..

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, there's no need to JB with the Seagate wifi HD. The HD can serve up to 3 ipads at the same time. It won't be cheap, around $200 for the 500Gig I think.

Look up the seagate goflex satellite HD for more info

Most reactions

Latest posts