What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie QQ - jailbreak + flashdrive to store...

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you certain they stopped signing it? They still were as of yesterday morning.

In any event nothing can prevent you from restoring to 4.2.1 again, removing the jailbreak. It is all reversible.

The only thing you cannot do after updating to 4.2.1 is go back to 3.2.2--if Apple did stop signing it and you did not get the SHSH blobs saved.

But I really don't think Apple stopped signing 3.2.2... I think people posted in here today that they went back to 3.2.2 and I don't think they were the kinds of people who would have even known to save SHSH blobs.

Michael

OP
A

ASLazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think so 'cuz I ran the "save SHSH" on TinyUmbrella program and I saw the details under Advance tab saying that I'm too late for the 3.2+ firmwares. I'm confused by that 'cuz I've not updated/upgraded the firmware to 4.2.1 even though iTunes offer that when I first set it up. Should I re-do the "save SHSH" and see what happens? Or is there another program that saves SHSH as well other than TinyUmbrella?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you can do it in Cydia too--but that message may have been about 3.2.1... that one is not being signed anymore.

Oh and it doesn't matter if you still have 3.2.2 installed: once Apple stops signing them you won't be able to do it. I would still have TinyUmbrella save them and see what happens.

Michael

OP
A

ASLazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I save them aka TU? I looked everywhere to see if there's a way to save them while it's still 3.2.2 but none at all if I overlooked something. Still too late thou?

Most reactions