a lot of apple ipad haters out there ..

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by henry2, Apr 11, 2010.

1. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Interesting

I never thought of it but configuring an iPad for emergency use makes sense for a lot of reasons.

The point you make about storing pictures and videos for replacement reasons makes a lot of sense if all you have after a disaster is your iPad as you deal with emregencey officials and FEMA. You have your internet connection and your documents right there with you in a lite weight device that has an enormous battery life for a hand held tablet.

Plus as you shelter in a storm center and the power fails you are still good to go if wifi or the cell system is still operating. And if it is not, you can always read a book for hours or play a game while you wait. If the power comes on you can recharge your iPad in four hours or less for another full days use.

If you have a car you can recharge from that while idling.

You can pull up a large dynamic weather display to watch a hurricane land fall as you shelter down.

There seem to be so many pluses over a Kindle or even a relatively short lived iPhone.

2. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I've been on Mobile Read for just about 4 years now with around 6,500 posts.
    There's always been solid discussions about different reading devices and for the most part, healthy. But when the subject comes to Apple, all hell breaks loose. My daughter is now a moderator on the site and she's finding the violence of aguments pretty difficult to live with. They have to ban people regularly.

Luckily there is a lounge there where I spend a lot of time goofing with the others. But lately I've joined some discussions on iPad... What a mistake!!! I've now unsubscribed from all those threads. Some people are just too mean, they get me down. The good news is this forum.:) People are friendly here, there are no trolls and we're all discovering the iPad together; or almost all, and everybody is curious and care. Even the impatient ones.:)

3. LMControl

LMControl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Jealousy and stupidity are the biggest reasons for the hate, pure and simple. The overwhelming majority of Apple haters I've run into have no comprehension of product quality and feel the cheaper you go, the better.

Then, when they see how nice Apple products are and how devoted Apple customers are, they just don't understand it. Quite ignorant folks, in my opinion. By then, they are unable to be mature enough to understand the mistakes they've made and become defensive, spewing all kinds of non-sense.

Remember when the iPad was debuted back in January and all the tech sites were trying their best to marginalize the iPad (such as Gizmodo, releasing an article "8 reasons to hate the iPad" within two hours of the keynote) then on launch day, it blows up and sells 300K units?

Success is the best revenge.... and the haters can't stand it. Watch, this thing will sell a million units in less than 60 days.... and then what will they say. :D

4. LMControl

LMControl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    One other thing... and I know this may be controversial, but I'm going to say it because I profoundly believe this to be true.

A lot of folks cannot afford Apple products and can't understand why some people would spend $2K+ on an Apple when they can spend $500 for what they think is a comparable Dell.

I believe this contributes to the jealousy and promotes somewhat of a class-warfare amongst the population. This leads to very bitter discussions and battles on theses forums.

5. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I just find it interesting that these people spend so much time and effort to speak negatively about a product that they will probably never buy anyways. People focus so much on what it can't do (Flash, USB, etc) that they don't even bother looking at what it can do.

6. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Yes. And the worst of them will hound you until you promise them you won't buy the iPad. That's sick!!!

7. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree if the shoe fits wear it Its about what YOU want.....:):)

colin

8. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    A voice of sanity.

I love it.

9. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    BINGO

There is so much it can do that makes it worth while, for ten hours or more while not connected to anything!

10. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Forums are easy targets for bullies because they can get away with things without repercussions. The worse that happens is they get banned and go elsewhere or change their identity. The only solution is for members to stand up to the bullies. The iPad is not for everyone. But when you consider that many people can feel comfortable replacing iPods and laptops with one easy to use unit, it makes sense. I would never replace my desktop with a laptop, and my iPad will not replace my laptop.

If a person wants to do Linux or XP, that is their business. I will never get to use an Apple at work, or at least provided by work, but that does not mean Apple is worthless.