What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A good colored digitizer

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, a couple months ago I dropped my iPad 2 on gravel, and while it only fell about a foot it looked like it might has well fallen from a second story window.

c0d7498f.jpg

Anywho, I got my insurance company to replace the screen but it wound up being fixed by their repair center. They did a really sloppy job and it wound up being poorly mounted, ill fitting, and, just last thursday, broke while I was playing a game. Not been dropped or mishandled but just *pop* right in the middle of my game of nyan cat.

So I ordered my own digitizer and did this myself. It came with a colored button and outer plastic bezel as well. It feels as solid as the original screen.

Check it

Just felt like showing it off! =)

Attachments

• image-2596436247.jpg
    image-2596436247.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I don't like looking at your broken iPad. OUCH!!

Looks great now, one of a kind, very nice!

OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Now I just need to find a darker green smart cover. I have the light green poly one and it's too light for my OCD to say "they go together"

As for its original spill, it didn't even fall far enough for me to feel the need to say the "face down prayer" before picking it up. It was a big disappointment.

OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't be easier, the hardest part was getting all the glass pieces and leftover adhesive out. Reinstallation was a breeze.

Though this is by no means my first time replacing a screen, though my first for an ipad2.

It's easier than anything else I've done. There's just glue to pull up and 6 screws altogether. 4 on the LCD and 2 on the home button.

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats not too bad then. Plus you get the peace of mind knowing exactly how and who has done the job and how smoothly it went. Insurance company's are never as fantastic as what they make out to be.

OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, I was disappointed when I got it back and picked it up and could feel the poor quality in the work. The screen felt flimsy and they never glued it down like they should have. There were places where the screen had give to it like by the volume buttons and headphone jack and other parts where I could get my fingernail up under the screen without trying. I just decided to bite the bullet and do it myself and I'm much happier. Everything fits snug and flush and since it came with that new plastic bezel it made for a nice tight seal and looks like it could have come like this factory. I'm much happier with this than I ever was with the insurance company's sad excuse for work.

Also, When I say glued I mean those 3m adhesive panels.

Last edited:
OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I can't post a link just google hookup cellular. They've got good prices and I'm really pleased with the quality.

cowboyjw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting one of these green ones they look really cool . after using it a couple weeks how do you like it..

OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still working great, I'd just recommend wearing gloves because there is the tiniest speck of dust I missed and it drives me nuts when the iPad is off.

Most reactions

Latest posts