What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display with digitizer not connected

netorney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should there be a normal display when the digitizer is not connected to a iPad 2? All I get is lines and colored bars with or without the digitizer being connected. According to my connection with iTunes it boots up correctly as I can download files from the iPad 2. I am trying to determine if the Graphics chip in the CPU is defctive. Another LCD screen and cable gives me the same results.

I am troubleshooting a display problem where the backlight works but there is no display. I do not get a displayed image with or without the digitizer connected. It connected to iTunes OK. I did a Restore but it still does not display. I am thinking that it may be the graphics chip on the logic board? I have swapped out the lcd with no change in the problem. I would like to know if I should get a display with the digitizer not connected so that I can rule that out as the cause of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.

I have merged your two threads together and then put your post into the iPad DIY forum.

I merged the two threads because making more than one post [on the same subject] not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Hopefully someone will be along to assist, now that its in the DIY forum. Apologies that I can't help but I know nothing about the hardware aspect of the iPad... :)

Marilyn

OP
N

netorney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the display works without the digitizer connected. I replaced the logic board and now the display works without the digitizer connected.

Most reactions

Latest posts