A few question to iPad Mini users.

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Ser Aphim, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Nov 7, 2013
    Thanks Received:
    So I manage to borrow one from my friend. I used it for a day. Didn't like it.

Keyboard buttons are too small for me. I was used to the larger iPad so.........

Battery life didn't last for my daily use.

Viewing photos wasn't that great. I guess it was too small for me to play games and watching videos.

Some games aren't optimized for it.

I guess I should stay in a larger iPad. 9-11 inch devices were my type for computers, so I guess it may apply too for tablets. Anyways thanks for the helpful answers.
  2. twerppoet

Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Jan 8, 2011
    Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the feedback. There's a reason Apple chose to come out with the full sized iPad first. It was the size that they thought most useful for most things. While the iPad Mini certainly has it's uses and it's supporters, I don't think it would have had the same initial success as the original size.

Apple even told us this at a keynote, though they were mostly talking about why the had not come out with a smaller iPad at the time. Some people thought this was Apple saying they would never make a smaller iPad; but if you listen closely they were only saying why they would not make a smaller iPad that worked like the current crop of small tablets.

Anyway, enough blabbering. I'm glad you had a chance to try out the Mini and get a first hand impression of how it works for you. Me, I wan't both, but can only afford the one, for now. So I've got the one that I like best for the things I do most.
  3. fjpoblam

Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Dec 30, 2011
    Thanks Received:
    To your questions:
    1. I make the usual typing mistakes (i.e., no more, no less). Like many, I suspect, my manner of typing is the blend of touch-typing that involves quick use of forefingers.
    2. Apps optimized? Nope, no difference between the mini and the regular iPad that I can detect. (See my general comments below.)
    3. How long does the battery last? All day, 7AM through 10PM. I'm not a gamer or a video watcher. I design and maintain websites on it, and do art, write, do email, and browse. Simple-minded stuff, as it were.
    4. Crash? Only twice in my long ownership.

FWIW: I had an iPad2, bought the mini, and zapped the 2 and gave it to my mother-in-law. Mi esposa still has her 2. I also have an iPhone (4S) and we both have MBPs. This gives me lots of places to test the designs I do on the Mini. My Mini is my main squeeze. It does everything I need: Textastic for code editing and FTP, ArtStudio for graphics, and a host of other carefully selected apps. I fetch out the MBP only for routine backups and maintenance. I think you'll have no problem enjoying a Mini. (Matter of taste, though: listen to everybody!)
  4. Planet iPad

Planet iPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks Received:
    This all depends on the size of your fingers. Most people don't have a issue with it but even if you do there are many aux keyboards that can be used with it.

This will depend on many factors like your brightness setting, and which options are being used. Around 10 hours is typical.

Never for me. The only iPads that I've seen crash are those modified by the user.