What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini Questions?

oldhifi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad Mini

I sold my Ipad 2 and now looking at a Ipad Mini. I have some questions about the mini...

Will I be able to watch ESPN live broadcasts like I could on my iPad 2?

Can I get all the apps from the Apple store like I had on my Ipad 2?

Can I stream my music and video via iTunes?

Does the mini have the same apps and features as the IPad?

I have only been a Mac user in the last year..so please no flames..

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The answer to all of your questions is yes. The Mini will run everything that the iPad 2 does and in the same way.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No problem, BTW, I still have my iPad 2 but I also have an iPad Mini and I love it, I rarely pick up my iPad 2 as I much prefer my Mini, it took me a couple of days to get used to the smaller screen size and now I don't even notice it but the weight differential is amazing, it's a fabulous machine!

The Archangel

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my iPad 2 earlier this year and purchased a Mini, and I absolutely love it! No regrets at all! Plus, the screen seems a bit clearer on the Mini even though both the Mini and the iPad 2 have the same screen resolution.

OP
O

oldhifi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was waiting on the new mini with retina display, but it does not look like it's coming out too soon...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was waiting on the new mini with retina display, but it does not look like it's coming out too soon...

I was in the same situation however...
An hour ago I gave in and purchased an iPad mini online. It will be shipped to my store next Thursday! Can hardly wait. :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I sold my iPad 2 earlier this year and purchased a Mini, and I absolutely love it! No regrets at all! Plus, the screen seems a bit clearer on the Mini even though both the Mini and the iPad 2 have the same screen resolution.

Well, not really correct, i.e. the iPad Mini offers 163 ppi (due to its smaller size) vs. the regular iPad (132 ppi), neither of which compare to the iPad w/ retina display (264 ppi) - I own an iPad 2 which is fine for reading, BUT also have a new r-MBP which I can easily read the smaller font size; wife has an iPad Mini and loves it - SO, bottom line is for those considering an iPad purchase, visit an Apple store and look at all of the options - if the size of the Mini is what you are yearning then make sure that the print size 'fits' your needs - Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was in the same situation however...
An hour ago I gave in and purchased an iPad mini online. It will be shipped to my store next Thursday! Can hardly wait. :)

Hi Carol - wife has the iPad Mini and loves it! In fact, she's ignoring me - YIKES! :D

Hope that you enjoy your 'new toy' - let us know! Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Carol - wife has the iPad Mini and loves it! In fact, she's ignoring me - YIKES! :D

Hope that you enjoy your 'new toy' - let us know! Dave :)

Hi Dave--

Thank you! I am very eager to finally get a mini based on what everyone has said about it!! I'll certainly post something when it arrives! :)

OP
O

oldhifi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the mini and I can say I really like it, I can watch ESPN sports just like my old IPad 2..it does seem faster..

Most reactions

Latest posts