What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bit of help for new ipad owner pls

digger07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I wonder about the following:
I Purchased an ipad from someone else-that person has purchased several games, movies etc.. with his Apple account id.
I intend to jailbreak that ipad.

1-Now, am I correct by thinking, that if i jailbreak and then hook up the ipad to itunes and then sync it with my own library, that this will then- wipe all contents of the ipad ( which is btw. what I don't want!) however I can then sync my apps to the ipad

2-If however, I open a new library after jailbreak and back up the contents of the ipad, is it possible for me to then use that library for the ipad only and keep the existing apps?
3- Is there a way so can I update these apps with that library???

So, basically what i am asking is, is there any way to keep the existing apps , update them somehow and then use cydia + appsync to transfer these apps, music, movies etc.. into my own library????

4-Is it possible at all?
5-if so, what steps do i need to take to make this happen, if it is possible??

Sorry everyone but i got a step learning curve in front of me :confused: any help is very appriciated-thanks

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, you can't use any of his stuff because all of the software is signed to his apple ID.

Using his purchased software would mean activating your computer with his credentials, which I'm assuming is a no go, as he would need to hand over his security details and in the process his billing info would also be yours

Last edited:
OP
D

digger07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that answer was short, to the point and for me...very painful to hear- thought as much- but had to ask.Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts