What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What effect will the reset have on what i have installed?

The problem with my storage is that more than half of it is holding pdf, epub and cbr files, they not really working, just sitting there on call.

Well, I'm sure that you can remove some of those PDFs & EPub books from your iPad, since most should be retrievable - but try to clear up some more storage, as suggested. As to the 'Reset' which you claim that you had done previously - still not sure? Follow the last directions in the quote below which I've left numerous times in this forum - the procedure is similar to turning off a computer at night and restarting in the morning - nothing will be lost. Dave :)

P.S. and if you did not really do the 'Reset' before, then please be honest next time - just saying - ;)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 8.x/9.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (this may take longer); release the buttons and the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
Sorry, a misunderstanding, I've done the button pushing reset a few times.
What I meant was a "settings" reset, it's on the bottom of the General page, L/H side. "Reset all Settings".

I suppose I could reduce the book and magazine files but I travel a lot and like a good selection... like several thousand... to choose from.
Sure they're all well backed up to PC and MEGA storage but I like them on the iPad.
Actually, there's a plan, I recently downloaded the MEGA app and could access that with the ipad. ??

Anyway my next device will have the largest available storage.

Just spent an hour or more on the iPad, no problems and it seems to be working smoothly.

sceadugenga,... who wasn't telling porkies. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts