What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.1 update

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took me about 2-3 hours to get it done, and the about 5-7 minutes to get it installed and working.
Similar times for me too. However, my router disconnects and connects back occasionally which makes the download go for a toss. I have been trying since yesterday and the download failed many times, which is why I asked whether it is somehow possible to pause the download.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I just got a major battery boost. As I said in my other post, it improved my battery.

I use my iPad all day, casual gaming, internet surfing, music playing. It usually last 11-13 hours. But I never expected it to drain 30% of my battery under 6-7 hours!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I just got a major battery boost. As I said in my other post, it improved my battery. I use my iPad all day, casual gaming, internet surfing, music playing. It usually last 11-13 hours. But I never expected it to drain 30% of my battery under 6-7 hours!

Nothing extra for me... Enjoy your gift from Apple! :)

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to update to ios7.1 since the past three days. I am extremely frustrated with the fact that even a minor blip in connectivity throws the download process off for a toss. Apple should have allowed a pause and resume option for ios update downloads. If they could allow this in app downloads, why not for updates?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update on my battery life. Looks like my iPad battery life has increased by from 10-12 hours to 14-15 hours. Wow.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have been trying to update to ios7.1 since the past three days. I am extremely frustrated with the fact that even a minor blip in connectivity throws the download process off for a toss. Apple should have allowed a pause and resume option for ios update downloads. If they could allow this in app downloads, why not for updates?

Its time for Holi to be held in India, and I guess everyone is enjoying, so the service providers might have kept the server limited in some way. Just wait till tomorrow or day after that, and then try again.

Also, considering the large number of Apple users, it might be that Apple servers are overburdened.

And it might also be that there are a large number of devices connected to your wifi connection, considerably decreasing the bandwidth per device. If this is the case, try using the wifi only connected to the iPad, and not to any other device.

Good luck! Please post back your results!

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I finally managed to download and install the 7.1 update. Couldn't do that through my home wifi, but my office broadband turned out to be better. Will update on the experience later.
Thanks for all the support! :thumbs:

vinko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using my iPad 4 to reply to your post and I have had no problems with it since updating to the various iOS 7 versions, including iOS 7.1. Have you considered the possibility that your iPad may be at fault here? If iOS 7 had as many bugs as you report, it would be affecting everybody. There is the possibility that your iPad has problems that are causing this. If you live near enough to an Apple Store you may want to take your iPad in for a full diagnostic. If your iPad is still under warranty or AppleCare+ coverage! any hardware defects would be covered.

Hi scifan57 and than for your input ;-) ... I am aware that I am possibly one of the very few to have these problems, but I am getting frustrated more and more. I haven't considered that my iPad has a fault?! I always thought that ALL 3rd Party apps have to got through the 'quality control' test in order for Apple to accept them for their users to be purchased as a 'safe' apps. As far as I understand now, I was in a wrong.

Because I've tried a few times to reset my iPad to the factory settings and problems persists, I will cut further my apps down to ones that were initially provided by Apple. If that doesn't work, I will take it to the Apple Store for full diagnostics.

I am very frustrated about this problem, because I needed about THREE years to convince myself to switch from Microsoft and Windows to Apple and iOS. I've bought top-of-the-range iPad and iMac, invested a lot of money in apps (over £500 just for iPad) and since iOS7 and these problems, I am NOT 'happy bunny'. I do love my iPad and all the apps I am using, but it's just iOS7 that is causing all the hustle.

Anyway, once more: BIG thank you for your feedback about my problem :)

vinko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using my iPad 4 to reply to your post and I have had no problems with it since updating to the various iOS 7 versions, including iOS 7.1. Have you considered the possibility that your iPad may be at fault here? If iOS 7 had as many bugs as you report, it would be affecting everybody. There is the possibility that your iPad has problems that are causing this. If you live near enough to an Apple Store you may want to take your iPad in for a full diagnostic. If your iPad is still under warranty or AppleCare+ coverage! any hardware defects would be covered.

Thanks Colin for your input about my problem :). I've tried a few times to reset my iPad to the factory settings and problems persists, but now I will cut further my apps down to ones that were initially provided by Apple. If that doesn't work, I will take it to the Apple Store for full diagnostics, as you've recommended :)

As I've mentioned to scifan57, I am very frustrated about this problem, because I needed about THREE years to convince myself to switch from Microsoft and Windows to Apple and iOS. I've bought top-of-the-range iPad and iMac, invested a lot of money in apps (over £500 just for iPad) and since iOS7 and these problems, I am NOT 'happy bunny'. I do love my iPad and all the apps I am using, but it's just iOS7 that is causing all the hustle.

Anyway, once more: BIG thank you for your feedback about my problem :)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Okay, I finally managed to download and install the 7.1 update. Couldn't do that through my home wifi, but my office broadband turned out to be better. Will update on the experience later. Thanks for all the support! :thumbs:

Nice to hear about your success, you're welcome!

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ipad 2 owner's updated yet? how is your experience with 7.1? any battery drain or wifi issues etc?

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Afaik there's no possibility to pause downloading the update. You can choose to install it later, as soon as it's downloaded.

I paused my download a couple times. During the download, I needed the iPad but cannot use it during a download because out internet buffers making it useless so I believe just toggled my wifi off for a couple minutes and toggled it back on. A after that if I go to the update it then asked "tap to resume download", which of course I did not do until I was finished using it. Worked both times and still ended up with a good copy.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded update 7.1 yesterday and have been unable to get online with my wifi since. I am now on my windows desktop - in desperation.

I had the same issue with an iPad Air. I "reset network settings" And it works fine now. Give it a shot.

Most reactions

Latest posts