What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

64 GB is the Most Popular iPad Model

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_backlight.JPG

MacStories reports today on a survey compiled by research firm Context looking at which is the most popular iPad model. It turns out that the winner is the 64GB Wi-Fi +3G iPad. Context based its survey in Western Europe, where it found that over half of those iPad owners who were surveyed said that they would choose either the most expensive option, the 64GB Wi-Fi +3G, or the 16GB Wi-Fi-only model, the cheapest option. The report also echoes the findings of a recent Nielsen report when it comes to assessing the iPad’s continued dominance of the tablet market, with Context’s survey finding that 80% of all tablets sold in the first quarter of 2011 were iPads. That figure is actually 5% down from the previous quarter, which Context’s analysts attribute to a rise in the take up of Android tablets, of which they say that it is surprisingly some of the less well publicised Android tablets such as the Acer Iconia that are selling better than the likes of Motorola’s Xoom which had its own Superbowl advert, or the Galaxy Tab.

Source: Report: Buyers Go With Either The Most Expensive Or Cheapest iPad

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's odd I would have guessed the 32GB since its in the middle. I have the 64GB and its WAY too big....its impossible to fill. And with 3G I don't really see a point to getting anything bigger than 32GB since you don't have to store anything on the device. I have a 32GB iPhone and dont store any music or photos or anything on it and have 16.5 GB free. So I could see getting a 32GB iPad 3G (Would prefer 4G!!!!) and never filling it.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I each bought one last week. We each thought it through and came to the same conclusion. It's alot easier to pay for the 64GB now than to try to continually juggle files through iTunes later. Same on the 3G - she will use it more, I will use it very little probably, but you can't add it on later - and I like having the GPS for some apps. We came to the same conclusion: 64GB/3G.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um, that is a total lie. The most popular model is the 16gb wifi. Apple said so themselves when they released the average sales price of an iPad during their last earnings call. Why do you need a faulty survey when Apple tells you themselves?

applebite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mactip.net
I also find it hard to believe that the 64GB is the top seller.

I was in line to buy a 16GB wifi model on a tuesday morning in March, they had received a shipment the previous evening. I was maybe the 20th person in line, and all 16GB models sold out by the time it was my turn. But they had 32s and 64s left in every flavor. So I bought a black 32GB wifi.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't know if 16 Gig would be too little and if 64 Gig would be too much, so I split the difference and got the 32 Gig model.

It turned out that 32 Gig was way too much. I've only used about 4 Gig and don't plan on adding much more to that. If I had a chance to do it over again, I would get a 16 Gig model.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 32GB iPad 1 for my husband, but only because I figured he'd barely use it. For him, it's just streaming video or podcasts while he cooks. I synched it with my iTunes account and found it really annoying to have to limit what I loaded.

I've nearly filled my iPad 1 and 2, both of which are 64GB 3G. With future purchases, I will consider only models with at least that much space.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 64 gb wifi model, went for the highest capacity because I knew I would need it. It depends entirely what you use it for. A friend bought the 32 gb version, and is already wishing he had the larger capacity. How people manage with 16gb is a mystery!

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rdclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amongst other devices, I was replacing a 60GB iPod from which I was constantly culling music in order to make room for more.

So getting the 64GB iPad 2 was a no-brainer. It was filled within days, especially since I've ow added several movies and of course many apps and photos.

Thank goodness for cloud storage!

HerbalTBag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have guessed 32gb that's what I got. I would have got the 64 but that was just too expensive.

drumlab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
That's odd I would have guessed the 32GB since its in the middle. I have the 64GB and its WAY too big....its impossible to fill. And with 3G I don't really see a point to getting anything bigger than 32GB since you don't have to store anything on the device. I have a 32GB iPhone and dont store any music or photos or anything on it and have 16.5 GB free. So I could see getting a 32GB iPad 3G (Would prefer 4G!!!!) and never filling it.

Impossible? I have over 100 gigs of music on my desktop.

Most reactions

Latest posts