64 GB is the Most Popular iPad Model

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, May 11, 2011.

1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

MacStories reports today on a survey compiled by research firm Context looking at which is the most popular iPad model. It turns out that the winner is the 64GB Wi-Fi +3G iPad. Context based its survey in Western Europe, where it found that over half of those iPad owners who were surveyed said that they would choose either the most expensive option, the 64GB Wi-Fi +3G, or the 16GB Wi-Fi-only model, the cheapest option. The report also echoes the findings of a recent Nielsen report when it comes to assessing the iPad’s continued dominance of the tablet market, with Context’s survey finding that 80% of all tablets sold in the first quarter of 2011 were iPads. That figure is actually 5% down from the previous quarter, which Context’s analysts attribute to a rise in the take up of Android tablets, of which they say that it is surprisingly some of the less well publicised Android tablets such as the Acer Iconia that are selling better than the likes of Motorola’s Xoom which had its own Superbowl advert, or the Galaxy Tab.

Source: Report: Buyers Go With Either The Most Expensive Or Cheapest iPad

2. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    That's odd I would have guessed the 32GB since its in the middle. I have the 64GB and its WAY too big....its impossible to fill. And with 3G I don't really see a point to getting anything bigger than 32GB since you don't have to store anything on the device. I have a 32GB iPhone and dont store any music or photos or anything on it and have 16.5 GB free. So I could see getting a 32GB iPad 3G (Would prefer 4G!!!!) and never filling it.

3. jnewell

jnewell
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My wife and I each bought one last week. We each thought it through and came to the same conclusion. It's alot easier to pay for the 64GB now than to try to continually juggle files through iTunes later. Same on the 3G - she will use it more, I will use it very little probably, but you can't add it on later - and I like having the GPS for some apps. We came to the same conclusion: 64GB/3G.

4. Frenchroll

Frenchroll
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    64gb or nothin with me!!

5. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Um, that is a total lie. The most popular model is the 16gb wifi. Apple said so themselves when they released the average sales price of an iPad during their last earnings call. Why do you need a faulty survey when Apple tells you themselves?

6. Rokrdude2

Rokrdude2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  7. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Only 13gb of the 64 left now, filling up fast :(

8. k7lvo

k7lvo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Last time I looked, that was also true of the survey here on the forum.

9. applebite

applebite
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I also find it hard to believe that the 64GB is the top seller.

I was in line to buy a 16GB wifi model on a tuesday morning in March, they had received a shipment the previous evening. I was maybe the 20th person in line, and all 16GB models sold out by the time it was my turn. But they had 32s and 64s left in every flavor. So I bought a black 32GB wifi.

10. jwt873

jwt873
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I didn't know if 16 Gig would be too little and if 64 Gig would be too much, so I split the difference and got the 32 Gig model.

It turned out that 32 Gig was way too much. I've only used about 4 Gig and don't plan on adding much more to that. If I had a chance to do it over again, I would get a 16 Gig model.