What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey: Tablet Use Continues to Soar

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Early iPad adopters.

View attachment 36598
(Image credit Cepro, Paramount, CBS)

In real world time - the concept predated the tablet screen in 2001 A Space Odyssey, by two years.

SJ was obviously a long-time Star Trek fan. All of the various incarnations of ST have heavy tablet/pad usage. And if it is good enough to the world of Star Trek, it is good enough for me! I plan to have a tablet in every room in my house. Next step is to use tablets to control lighting. Belkin has some cool devices for this, but I'm hoping some less expensive options show up.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SJ was obviously a long-time Star Trek fan. All of the various incarnations of ST have heavy tablet/pad usage. And if it is good enough to the world of Star Trek, it is good enough for me! I plan to have a tablet in every room in my house. Next step is to use tablets to control lighting. Belkin has some cool devices for this, but I'm hoping some less expensive options show up.

I've been using remote controls for lights for several years, but that's all they do.

When Bill Gates was building his house years back, they described some of the tech in the place, which included some kind of badges or such that turned on music, lights and such to your preferred settings when you walked into any room, and that sounded good to me.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I shudder to think what would have happened to Apple if Bill Gates had the Tantalus Field! ;)

image-447939438.jpg
(Image Credit: ex-astris-scientiaDOTorg)
Paramount, CBS

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts