What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2 Update/Airplane mode

Bones541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Odd, after updating, the airplane mode won't respond to touching/selecting. It won't highlight or engage when tapped.

OP
B

Bones541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, good advice but no need. I was trying to hit the "Airplane Mode" tab, not the actual on/off switch. Works fine.

iPad: 1, Me: 0

ken3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same problem here on ipad2 with 4.3.2 (8H7). I couldn't toggle airplane mode back to off. wifi worked anyway, even though airplane mode was on and the airplane icon was present. then after some hard resets and trying 23 more times, it final could be switched off. maybe you should try it again, ha.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The workaround for this is to turn WiFi and Cellular Data to off. This has the same effect as putting the iPad in Airplane mode, with the difference that it allows you to carry on using Bluetooth if you need it for headphones or a keyboard. Airplane mode disables Bluetooth.

The other advantage of doing it that way is you then have to make a conscious decision to turn cellular data back on after your flight, which you may not want to do if you have travelled abroad (some Roaming charges can be ruinously expensive).

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or just fly on Delta. They offer WiFi on board while in flight. Sometimes they even offer it for free!

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, I think the airplane mode turns the GPS off, while turning cellular data off doesn't affect the GPS.

Most reactions

Latest posts