What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2 beta and New Jailbreak

dougd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question, I was bored waiting on the new jailbreak and updated my Ipad to the 4.2 beta 2. Will the new jailbreak work on the 4.2 beta or should I go back to 3.2.2 in preparation for the upcoming jailbreak. Thanks.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to what I have read It will jailbreak the ipad for life. In other words it should work with that firmware and every other firmware that comes out until they redesign the iPad.

I hope it works because I would really like to try the beta but I don't want to lose my jailbreak.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to what I have read It will jailbreak the ipad for life. In other words it should work with that firmware and every other firmware that comes out until they redesign the iPad.

I hope it works because I would really like to try the beta but I don't want to lose my jailbreak.

That's not quite correct.
There is no guarantee about which firmware versions can be jailbroken by greenp0ison
4.1 is pretty certain. We will find out about the exact deal with 3.2.2, 4.0.2, and 4.2 tomorrow.
Check out my post here for info on the "for life" bit... http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/11286-faq-shatter-greenpoison.html#post78493

Last edited:
OP
D

dougd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, I guess I will sit tight until tommorow. The 4.2 beta has worked out ok for me, did see a reason to go back unless I have to.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, I guess I will sit tight until tommorow. The 4.2 beta has worked out ok for me, did see a reason to go back unless I have to.

No netflix (well sometimes it works....mostly it crashes tho) no air video.....ruined it for me :(

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No netflix (well sometimes it works....mostly it crashes tho) no air video.....ruined it for me :(

Good thing i didnt try 4.2 beta then. Netflix is the holygrail of movie watching apps. I love it. Plus with this new jailbrake , i got my unlimitedvideos back from Cydia. Already downloaded the new resident evil movie and the expendables. Great copies too.
For folks who dont know, be cautious and read the more info on Cydia apps. There are apps up there that will not wrk on ipad and cause issues.
There is just something about doing this at ur own risk that makes Jailbraking even more enticing. You have people jailbraking and they dont know what for..lol. They will be like im jailbroke, what do i do now? Lmfao.
Biggest reason for me to jailbrake was backgrounder, cirtuous, sb settings, and of course Ifiles. I love ifiles. With ifiles, basically dont need itunes no more, as far as file transfering goes. I just use good ol ifile and move things arounfd in there. I could download an divx or avi. From some website then put it in the proper place in the CineXplayer. Without ifiles, movie transfers have to be done thru itunes in CineXplayer. Ive learned and taught myself a lot thru Ifiles and finally seeing where files n folders stored at. Jailbrake is worth doing for Ifiles/Backgrounder alone.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Did it work for you? I remember seeing your posts on unsuccessful attempts with LimeRa1n. I dont like the fact you have to get Cydia from the Internet yourself, after Greenpoison jailbrake. I like the look of it though. More detailed instructions. Well hopefully this will cover those ipads that wasnt wrkin on Limera1n. Only time will tell..lol. We will see the posts come flooding in again. ;-)

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how long does it take to jailbreak. It's on a white screen with greenpois0n and it's been like this forever..

Edit: ITS STILL FAILING. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts