What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 4.2 BETA (pre-release)

Gamingipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a litlle question.
You can download the new Ios software for the Ipad .
I'm currently on 3.2.2 ( Bought it like that) and i'm waiting for the SHatter jailbreak.

Is it a good idea to Update my Ipad to the beta version of 4.2?
Will I be able to jailbreak it just that easy as the 3.2.2 software with SHatter thats gonna be released soon?

Thanks anyway guys :)

nooris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at the Engadget test video of iOS 4.2, I honestly can't think of a good reason to jailbreak. Apple has implemented the majority of jailbreak features with flare and pizazz. Unless you're an Installous fan, I would skip JB all together.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at the Engadget test video of iOS 4.2, I honestly can't think of a good reason to jailbreak. Apple has implemented the majority of jailbreak features with flare and pizazz. Unless you're an Installous fan, I would skip JB all together.

"Installous" Is just a candyshop to many jailbreakers, many think that jailbreaking Is all about free apps, But free apps Is the less importand thing when It´s comes to jailbreak.

The main thing Is that u are able to add apps or other programs not signed by Apple, think of all PC users when the message "This blb bla bla has not been signed by microsoft" would u like to continue ? Yes, No, at least It´s an option If they would like to intstall It.

Appleway or the highway, or jailbreak.

There are so many features and apps that brings u more features and options to enhance your iPad or mess It up.

Im a sms/mms freak, I send tons of sms everyday within my job and private, and do u think Apple allow apps that let´s your iPad act 100% as your regular iPhone/cellphone sending and receive sms/mms through your carriers network to the cellphone number given to my iPads simcard? The App exist and have not been signed.

Apps that fools the 3G to think Its on Wi-Fi (My3G or Unrestrictor), with this enabled u can download larger files then 20mb through appstore, stream full HD videos over the internet, use FaceTime everywhere u are.

Open SHH / iFile, Tools for the one (that knows what he´s or she Is doing) that whant´s 100% controll over the iPad. Browse the entire content file by file on your iPad Wireless from your Mac or PC, supports drag & drop, copy/pase , read & edit files, install Ipa/deb files without iTunes, change Icons etc
Just a few stuff..

The list of apps or features that are anabled with a jailbreaked Appple products are long.

The free apps doesent comes along with a jailbreak and jailbreak It self Is not an illegal thing, but It opens a door for the ones that whants free apps and there It starts to be illegal.

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

"Installous" Is just a candyshop to many jailbreakers, many think that jailbreaking Is all about free apps, But free apps Is the less importand thing when It´s comes to jailbreak.

The main thing Is that u are able to add apps or other programs not signed by Apple, think of all PC users when the message "This blb bla bla has not been signed by microsoft" would u like to continue ? Yes, No, at least It´s an option If they would like to intstall It.

There are so many features and apps that brings u more features and options to enhance your iPad or mess It up.

Im a sms/mms freak, I send tons of sms everyday within my job and private, and do u think Apple allow apps that let´s your iPad act 100% as your regular iPhone/cellphone sending and receive sms/mms through your carriers network to the cellphone number given to my iPads simcard? The App exist and have not been signed.

Apps that fools the 3G to think Its on Wi-Fi (My3G or Unrestrictor), with this enabled u can download larger files then 20mb through appstore, stream full HD videos over the internet, use FaceTime everywhere u are.

Open SHH / iFile, Tools for the one (that knows what he´s or she Is doing) that whant´s 100% controll over the iPad. Browse the entire content file by file on your iPad Wireless from your Mac or PC, supports drag & drop, copy/pase , read & edit files, install Ipa/deb files without iTunes, change Icons etc
Just a few stuff..

The list of apps or features that are anabled with a jailbreaked Appple products are long.

The free apps doesent comes along with a jailbreak and jailbreak It self Is not an illegal thing, but It opens a door for the ones that whants free apps and there It starts to be illegal.

Very well put. Facetime works on the ipad? I know we dont have a cam but can we still see the other person? Or fring?

metroix

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Just a few stuff..

Very well put. Facetime works on the ipad? I know we dont have a cam but can we still see the other person? Or fring?
what app u use to send sms from ipad?

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app can be found on Cydia as:

SwirlyMessage for iPad 3G

and It cost 12usd.

More info here:
SwirlySpace SwirlyMessage for iPad 3G

just make sure that you simcard suports sms/mms, or just try with your iPhone 4 microsimcard or get a twincard to your celluar phone and cut It down In size to a microsim.

Plz do post here IF u decide to try It.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts