What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G service in US western states

maplea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi: I'm travelling from canada to calif. and arizona in january with my ipad and hoping to get at&t service there. Will I get consistent service in all areas, or will there be poor connection in more rural area? I haven't used 3G service before....is it like cell phone service that can cut in and out depending where you are?
thanks,
Maplea

Lowjiber1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a home in California (south S.F. Bay area) and one in Las Vegas. If you expect decent service (of any kind) from AT&T, forget it.

KeyBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Northern AZ and go camping all over Arizona, Nevada and parts of Calif and have never had a problem with AT&T.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
90% of the time, AT&T service will be just fine. It is in the busy areas of Cali that you would expect the most issues, or areas so remote that no one has service. The problem is not so much that AT&T does not provide service, but that California attracts those who buy things like iPhone and iPad, but also attracts those who are opposed to anything unnatural like power plants, cell towers, jobs, etc. The popularity of the iPhone created a tower overload for AT&T and knuckle dragging bureaucrats are very slow about approving new ones.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts