What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

32g vs 64g?

ladyluck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK! Getting ready to order ipad2. Which should I get? The 32g or 64?
Hummm? :confused:

I will be using it for travel, some games, some movies and some photos. It won't be my "main" computer.

Thanks for any suggestions you have!!!

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ladyluck said:
OK! Getting ready to order ipad2. Which should I get? The 32g or 64?
Hummm? :confused:

I will be using it for travel, some games, some movies and some photos. It won't be my "main" computer.

Thanks for any suggestions you have!!!

If money isn't a restricting factor then go for the biggest that you can get.

I do seem to recall an article that I read where they analysed the cost of the three different sizes and the 32 worked out as best value.....if only I could remember where I saw that article!!!

The Archangel

testerdennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the 64 as to me $100 more for double the size is a no brainer...:)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
testerdennis said:
I purchased the 64 as to me $100 more for double the size is a no brainer...:)

Oh yes, I'm with you on this. You may think 32g is enough until movies, tv, and so on, fill it up. That space soon fills up and there are loads of us including me who wishes they had bought 64g instead.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always insert a larger memory card . . . . . . Oh wait there is no memory card slot, which means you cant expand the memory later. Better buy as much as you can now, it's not going to grow as time pass's;)

Reaction score
Is it really worth it to spend as much as possible on a piece of technology, which gets outdated within 2 years? Would it not seem sensible to spent only as much as one needs at the moment, because when one's demands increase a newer version will already be available?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Is it really worth it to spend as much as possible on a piece of technology, which gets outdated within 2 years? Would it not seem sensible to spent only as much as one needs at the moment, because when one's demands increase a newer version will already be available?

It will probably hold it's price better in a couple of years with a larger drive simply because larger drives are likely to be the norm then.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Well, you would think so wouldn't you but my 32gb took 3 months to fill with apps and now I have to decrease my music collection. I do love my music and it's so irritating to play something and find out I deleted it on last synch.

Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
It will probably hold it's price better in a couple of years with a larger drive simply because larger drives are likely to be the norm then.

The Archangel

If the iPad 1 can be used as an example, then the opposite would seem true, as the size difference only makes a marginal price difference anymore. Sure, the overall price is higher for larger sized iPads, but a used 64gb doesn't cost the 100more, Apple charges.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad 1 can be used as an example, then the opposite would seem true, as the size difference only makes a marginal price difference anymore. Sure, the overall price is higher for larger sized iPads, but a used 64gb doesn't cost the 100more, Apple charges.

I'll bow to your greater knowledge as I haven't really looked at the second hand Market........damn, I've been caught blagging again!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts