What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad connectivity thru Blackberry

robb100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. Just got an iPad2 32G wifi for my bday. I didn't want to get the 3G model because I dont want to pay the monthly data fee. I have a blackberry bold 9650 from work that has tethering capabilities thru Verizon. I can tether it to my work laptop. Can I do the same with my iPad? Do I have to tether it with a cable or can I do it with bluetooth? I paired my iPad and BB with bluetooth but my iPad says it can't connect to the BB. They both paired but now won't connect. Any ideas? Lastly, does anyone know if my Verizon BB can act as a hotspot?

I appreciate any comments. I'm new to Apple other than an iPod shuffle i use for running.

Thanks
Rob

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe you can but it would be a tethered jailbreak. You may want to look in the hacking section for information on this and also review the stickies. Just an FYI, I have iOS 4.3.3 jail broken and I use PDA net on a BB curve and iBluever on the iPad to tether via Bluetooth. The speeds are very slow, just enough to check email but not real impressive.

I went this route because, like you, I have a work provided BB with unlimited data so it made sense to jailbreak.

Most reactions

Latest posts