What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 ID help

9grands4grma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Store guy removed 1 of my ID's from my MacBook Pro. Now I go on my iPad and try and update apps and App Store seems to be connected to my now removed ID. The ID I have been using is my email....not just my name. How do I remove this "name only" ID.....I have NO idea what the password is to that one. Thanks. (An Apple guy I spoke with said I would need to delete all the apps that don't update and re-install them.) I didn't have to do that with my computer. Is there an easy fix???

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums!

The Apple ID is not simply a name, it's always an email address.
Which information do you find, when you open the App Store app, and scroll down in the Featured tab?
It looks like this:
IMG_9340.JPG

There, you'll find the email address that's used as an Apple ID for your iTunes and App Store purchases. If it's a different one than the one you wish to use, tap it and sign out. Then sign in again with your desired Apple ID.

Note:
If you purchased apps with an Apple ID, and keep them on your iPad after changing the Apple ID, you'll have to enter the password of the ID that was used to purchase them, every time they need an update. If you don't want this to happen, you'll have to remove the apps from your iPad, and download them with the right Apple ID.

Most reactions

Latest posts