What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zoom Button Stuck to On

GraceNote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me, please? My iPad 3, wifi, 4G, has gone wonkers on me. First, it got stuck on zoom, so I came here and found how to remedy that. But. every time I try to remove an app by hitting the home button, then clicking on the app, it causes the display to invert the colors. to a black background, and it zooms out again.

I have a vision problem so I had been using the "Accessibility" feature. I use the "Larger Text", "Bold Text", "Button Shapes" and "On/Off Labels". This latest problem has caused the "Zoom" button to get stuck on "On" and the "Invert Colors" button to get reversed to being "on" all the time. I just use the "Invert Colors" as it is, but I can't get the "Zoom" button to turn off. It just turns back "on" every time I try to cut it off. It has also caused my wallpaper to stay zoomed in, even though I got the main screen back to normal.

Answers anyone, please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All the way down at the bottom of the Accessibility settings page is the Accessibility Shortcut. If this is on it will allow one or more accessibility feature to be activated with a triple click of the Home button. It will bypass the main ON/OFF setting for the same feature(s) further up the page.

I'm guessing this is what you were running into.

OP
GraceNote

GraceNote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the way down at the bottom of the Accessibility settings page is the Accessibility Shortcut. If this is on it will allow one or more accessibility feature to be activated with a triple click of the Home button. It will bypass the main ON/OFF setting for the same feature(s) further up the page.

I'm guessing this is what you were running into.

Hi, twerppoet. I checked that setting and it was set to "Off", so that wasn't the problem. But I appreciate your input and willingness to lend a hand! I hope all is well now. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm. I could have swore I posted that in a different thread.
Hi, twerppoet. I checked that setting and it was set to "Off", so that wasn't the problem. But I appreciate your input and willingness to lend a hand! I hope all is well now. :)

Sorry, I could have swore I posted that in a different thread. The problem was similar, but not quite the same.

Off to figure out where the post was supposed to go.

Edit: Darn if I can find the other thread. Excuse me while I wander off in search of my mind. It seems to have entered a parallel universe, identical with this one this one except for one forum thread.

That's my excuse. And I'm sticking with it. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts