What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zephyr (Paid) - One Finger MultiGestures

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Zephyr ($2.99, USD)
Cydia Description: Zephyr is awesome multitasking swipes for your device. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to close apps (perfect for a broken home button!). Switch apps by swiping left or right from the edge of the screen. Smoothly swipe up to see your multitasking switcher. Quickly peek at notifications and widgets, like the weather.

I can’t believe we haven’t talked about or covered this tweak. I use it all the time on my iPad. What Zephyr does is make one finger multigestures possible. So, for those of us who like to read on the iPad while, say, eating lunch - you only have to keep one finger clean to change between apps. :)

Words don’t adequately describe how well this tweak works, or how convenient it is to have it installed. So, without further ado, here’s a video I made about Zephyr and it’s functions:

Note that I am only going slow so you can see how Zephyr works - changing apps or opening the multiswitcher is MUCH faster than I show in the video. It's a simple swipe up or side to side - and very smooth. Just like the stock gestures, but with only one finger.

Yes, it’s pricier than other tweaks. But, again, the convenience of using just one finger to do the standard multigestures in iOS 5.x? Priceless!

Enjoy.

Marilyn

Last edited by a moderator:

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using it :)

There is a hidden "trojan horse" in the code -- on fixing the "paremeters/setup" my Ipad3 crashes.

I have to do a hard reboot :-((

It happened again today. I upgraded to 1.3.5
My Ipad 3 did perform the install, but got the "forever spinning ball" -- a har reboot was the only way :-((

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am using it :)

There is a hidden "trojan horse" in the code -- on fixing the "paremeters/setup" my Ipad3 crashes.

I have to do a hard reboot :-((

It happened again today. I upgraded to 1.3.5
My Ipad 3 did perform the install, but got the "forever spinning ball" -- a har reboot was the only way :-((

I don't see a "paremeters/setup" option in my Zephyr (in the Settings app). What were you trying to change? I ask because I've had zero trouble with this tweak and I wonder what it might be. And I'm on an iPad3 also...

Marilyn

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a foreigner, I might be far off the subject but look at the following image, this is what I call settings;

image-4136318665.jpg

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see. Well, the only thing you have [much] different from my iPad3 is that you have the bottom toggle on (the "Notification Center (iPhone)"). Since that's designed for the iPhone, maybe it's messing up the iPad?

that's the only reason I can think of that makes your Zephyr not work or causes the iPad3 to have issues. Mine is rock solid - so maybe it's time for an e-mail to the developer?

Sorry to not be of better assistance.

Marilyn

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zephyr is utterly fantastic!

Of top five apps must have, zephyr is second, after Springtomize ;))
(btw; iKeywi is third, Lockinfo fifth)

It was most propably Quasar who crashed, as usual.

Now I have disbled Q - the Zephyr works just perfect!!

Most reactions