What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zaggfolio for Ipad3 (Question)

Hsunami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i just got my order for my Zaggfolio for IPAD3 but when i opened the box it says for IPAD2.....

Would it be wrong one shipped? or did they just decide to label it as ipad 3 case but it really is just really the ipad2 case.....

Anyone else order the Zaggfolio for IPAD3....and get it saying for IPAD2...????

-Kevin

OP
H

Hsunami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For anyone who got the Zaggfolio for the IPAD 3......what number do you have on the left hand corner of where you slide the ipad in.... They emailed me back and they said the number should be a 2....but wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a 3...for the ipad3...

Here is what the email said...but personally i do not trust it....LOL Just wanna hear from anyone else with it. I'm only parnoid because the box came saying it was the for IPAD2....

"I'm sorry for the confusion! In order to keep orders from being delayed we have been using package from our Zaggfolios for the iPad 2 to package the iPad 3 Zaggfolios. To confirm you did receive the Zaggfolio for the iPad 3, simply check the upper left hand corner where the iPad slides in. There should be a number "2" there, about the size of a dime. If this number is there then it is the Zaggfolio for the iPad 3," (Zagg Rep)

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me. Does it fit your iPad ? If it , why does it matter so much ?

huayangnianhua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you should check the iPad case to ensure whether it's fit for your iPad 3, if not you should contact their customer service center, they will give you the answer and solve the problem for you probably.

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hsunami said:
For anyone who got the Zaggfolio for the IPAD 3......what number do you have on the left hand corner of where you slide the ipad in.... They emailed me back and they said the number should be a 2....but wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a 3...for the ipad3...
" (Zagg Rep)

It would make sense except the 2 is a version number not a symbol for applicable pad.

stebro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would make sense except the 2 is a version number not a symbol for applicable pad.

It's very confusing. I think Zagg has added to this confusion by selling the Zaggfolio in one box labled "iPad 2" with a sticker saying "works with iPad 2 and new iPad" and another box labeled for the new iPad. On top of this, several stores have told me that Zaggfolios labeled for the iPad 2--without the sticker-- are meant for the new iPad. I bought one of those and it does work, but it's a very tight fit--hard to slide the ipad in and out and it wrecked my screen protector. I called Zagg customer service and was told that the Zaggfolio labeled for the iPad 3 on the box (as opposed to the one with a sticker that says it works with both the 2 and 3) is a little bigger to accomodate the added thickness of the 3 and has some additional changes for the front facing camera. I'm going to return the one I got and buy the new, modified one. Presumably, it will be in a box that says it's for the 3 (as opposed to the 2/3 sticker). Hope that makes sense. Once again, I think Zagg has done a good job of mismanaging this situation and confusing their customers.

stebro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zaggfolio for iPad 3

Just to follow up, I emailed the CEO of Zagg about the confusion. Below is my email and the response I received from a Zagg representative.

I've tried the Zaggfolio and think it's a good product. However, there
appears to be a lot of confusion over the Zaggfolio for the new iPad.

I shopped for such a Zaggfolio at a Verizon store, an AT&T store and
Best Buy. All three stores told me that the Zaggfolios they had in stock
were suitable for the new iPad although they were labeled for the iPad 2 (when I
tried one, my new iPad fit but was very snug and my screen protector was
destroyed). Subsequently, I noticed Zaggfolios at Best Buy that were in boxes
labeled for the iPad2 but had a sticker saying they also were for the iPad3. I
then called Zagg customer service, where I was told that a revised model to
accommodate the greater thickness of the new iPad would be available soon.

Perhaps you can understand my confusion. There are three products out
there (or perhaps just different boxes): The Zaggfolio in a box labeled for
iPad2, the Zaggfolio labeled for iPad2 with a new iPad sticker on the box, and
the Zaggfolio that apparently is being released soon for the new iPad. Whoever
makes these marketing decisions has dropped the ball in my opinion and created a
perplexing situation for your customers. If you read message board concerning
iPad accessories, you will see that I am not the only one who is confused by
Zagg's marketing strategy.

Thank you for your email and thank you for informing us of
the problems that you have experienced. Our CEO, Robert G Pedersen II, has read
your email and has asked me to respond in his behalf. I sincerely apologize for
any and all of the confusion regarding the ZAGGfolio for the New iPad and I can
completely understand your confusion. I would be more than happy to try to
assist you in a satisfactory manner.

I can completely understand why you
would be confused with these products. We initially released the ZAGGfolio for
the Apple iPad 2, and you are correct in the fact that the New iPad will fit,
however it is extremely tight and causes damage to the invisibleSHIELD.

When the ZAGGfolio's for the New iPad were initially released we had not
yet received the updated packaging so we did apply the sticker to the box that
stated it would work with both the iPad 2 and New iPad. We did recently release
the ZAGGfolio for the New iPad last week, we did have to redesign these
initially due to Apple moving the magnet in the iPad. The New iPad ZAGGfolio's
are now available on our website if you would like to be certain that you are
receiving the correct product, however, due to high demand these are back
ordered between 1-3 weeks and I have listed the product link below.

iPad 3 Keyboard Case | Folio Cover W/ Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard | ZAGGfolio

I hope this helps and again I am sorry for all of the confusion regarding the
ZAGGfolio for the New iPad. If you have any additional questions or concerns
please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

nschertz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a ZAGG costomer service rep. I too ordered a folio for the ipad 3 and apparently received one for the I pad 2. Box and all instructions said for iPad 2, but invoice said folio for iPad 3. Customer rep said they were going to send me the correct version. She said that the Folio for the iPad had a number 2 about the size of a dime in the upper left corner of the case where the iPad slide in. Mine did not have this "2"

The case does fit, but tightly andit messes up the screen protector I put on my iPad.

kelskade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received Zaggfolio for New iPad

When I first got my New iPad, I also ordered the Zaggfolio.
Unfortunately, I received the model for the iPD2, which
was too tight. When I called Zagg, they were very
accommodating and I was able to exchange it for the
New iPad model. (I just wish I didn't have to pay for the return
shipping charges). Anyway, I just received the replacement
Zaggfolio yesterday and am very pleased with it. The New
iPad fits comfortably and opening/closing the cover
correctly turns the screen on/off. It's great and was worth
the wait.

GSper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same confusion when mine arrived. The invoice said "for iPad 3" however the box said "for iPad 2" and there were no stickers or anything to indicate otherwise. Also, intially, I was not able to find the now famous "2" stamped anywhere. However, the fit seemed fine being comfortably snug but not too tight so I just decided to keep it and not go through the hassle of dealing with customer service. I have since located the "2" confirming that mine is the case for the new iPad. The "2" is stamped on the felt padding adjacent to the camera opening. I have been very pleased with the product.

pollin77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem. My case has a strange number it says n23s just below the camera opening. Any ideas what this number means?
Thanks.

Most reactions