What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg InvisibleShield micro-bubbles iPad 3G

dproudfo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help!! I have a Zagg InvisibleShield that I bought from BestBuy and had them install. I continually have issues with micro-bubbles (i think) over 50-75% of the screen. I've had to return it 3 times and each time I get similar results. I've waited 5-6 days, tried heating it (temporarily), and it has not cured. I have the 3G version. My wife has the wi-fi version and had a bad install the first time but it's perfectly clear on second install...
Any ideas???

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help!! I have a Zagg InvisibleShield that I bought from BestBuy and had them install. I continually have issues with micro-bubbles (i think) over 50-75% of the screen. I've had to return it 3 times and each time I get similar results. I've waited 5-6 days, tried heating it (temporarily), and it has not cured. I have the 3G version. My wife has the wi-fi version and had a bad install the first time but it's perfectly clear on second install...
Any ideas???

Is this bubbles or that weird haze? I got rid of the invisishield cause there was a gawdawful haze on it. Got a $3 protector from eBay with no bubbles or haze lol looks like there is no protector on it :)

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I first installed my invisibleshield,

Any ideas???

The bubbles were present and I used the little squeegee to push the bubbles to the edge. The only time I noticed these micro bubbles was when the iPad was off. Four days later I still had bubbles. Then about the sixth day I decided that if the bubbles were still there, I was taking my iPad to Best Buy and have them remove the shield and install another (I did it myself.) I was surprised to see that the bubbles all disappeared.

If the bubbles don't resolve themselves beyond six days I would contact Zagg. They are very responsive and would provide you with their assistance.

I think you might want to wait several days to let the shield fully dry out before considering it defective. It doesn't really matter if your iPad is a wifi or 3G version. I have the 3G and my buddy has a wifi, we both installed the shield and experienced the same problem.

OP
D

dproudfo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas???

Is this bubbles or that weird haze? I got rid of the invisishield cause there was a gawdawful haze on it. Got a $3 protector from eBay with no bubbles or haze lol looks like there is no protector on it :)

It's not a haze. It looks like odd shape bb size smudges all over 50+% of the shield. When you look closer they do look like micro-bubbles. It's very bothersome with light colored backgrounds & when it's off...

lightspeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it look like there are specks of dust underneath or are they just air?

Any chance you could upload a photo? You might be better off getting a good dry-fix screen protector - you can always peel those off and wash them if necessary. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts