What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube videos play out of sync on iPad

Ashleigh E

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having an issue where I upload a video to YouTube, and the sound slowly falls out of sync when watching on iPad. I've tried everything I can think of (re-uploading, changing the bit-rate and the frame rates) but to no avail. Without fail, every time, the video will fall out of sync. This is easily fixed by backing up 10 seconds on the iPad's YouTube app, and letting it reload.

It always works fine on the original file, any browser on desktop, and I haven't yet noticed it happening on a mobile device.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it happen in both the youtube app and YouTube on a browser when watching on your iPad?

OP
Ashleigh E

Ashleigh E

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it happen in both the youtube app and YouTube on a browser when watching on your iPad?

As far as I've noticed, it only goes out of sync on the YouTube app. This doesn't happen for anyone else's videos (established YTubers), either, just mine.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know if others who view your YouTube videos from their iPads while using the YouTube app are experiencing the same problems as you are?

OP
Ashleigh E

Ashleigh E

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know if others who view your YouTube videos from their iPads while using the YouTube app are experiencing the same problems as you are?

Yep, definitely happens with other people! It's happening on mobile too, now.

Most reactions

Latest posts