What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube videos not loading. Defective iPad?

Freddy789

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Youtube stopped working on my iPad 2 yesterday, and it hasn't worked since. Here's what I've tried:

-checked to make sure youtube works on other devices on the same network (it does)
-restarted ipad
-Checked safari settings:
1. Erased cookies
2. Accept cookies -> always
3. Turn java script on-
-reset network settings
-updated to iOS 6.0
-reset ipad by holding down home button and sleep/wake button
-set the correct date & time
-tried youtube on other browsers (google chrome)
-Did a factory reset

Nothing has worked. Is this some kind of defect with the ipad itself?

A week or two ago I dropped my ipad and it made a dent in the side of the casing (this was long before youtube stopped working). Would this make my warranty invalid if I needed to get it replaced?

Also, I think I should mention that I can still stream videos from different websites/apps. Only youtube isn't working.

Any help is much appreciated.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try resetting network settings. iOS 6 seems to monkey with those you have stored.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings

Never mind. I see now you already did that. Head scratching time.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried downloading Jasmine? That works OK for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
F

Freddy789

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Tried downloading jasmine, still no luck. Just a black loading screen that never goes away.

I just don't understand how this could still be a issue even after I reset all contents and settings... Not sure if its a problem with apple or YouTube at this point.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I just checked this video. I used Jasmine on iOS 6 and it plays no problem. Give this one a try, because we can discount YouTube as a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

Freddy789

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, it just loads indefinitely. I'll try to contact apple support tomorrow and see what's going on.

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ame experiencing the same problems. It started a few days ago. I don't often watch YouTube videos but three days ago when I tried I discovered that nothing would play.

I have tried the YouTube app, safari, icab, and a YouTube app downloaded from cydia.

I have tried clearing the caches, cookies..... But to no avail.

iPad 2 running 5.1.1 wifi only

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just browsing ipf and read a thread called iPad as cash register. I downloaded the free app and it had a link to play a demonstration video. Because I have firewall ip Installed I was able to see that it was a YouTube video. To my amazement it played fine.

OP
F

Freddy789

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved!

I tried changing my DNS and the problem went away. John you might want to try that as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts