What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtub videos stop - need advice

rrr1212

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New ipad user here (full size retina display model, 16GB, w/ wifi)
When viewing youtube videos over wifi on the iPad, the video will often stop mid stream. The only way to get it to resume is to hit the 'play' button. With my other computers, if the WiFi/internet network is too slow, videos will 'freeze', but will eventually resume on it's own without me hitting the 'play' button. I'm trying to understand why the iPad acts differently. Is there some special setting required to get rid of the need to keep hitting the 'play' button?
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really have an answer for your question. A lot of my videos automatically play after there is enough streamed; yet some do require a press of the play button. I really see no pattern to it so I just "roll with the flow."

I'm also writing to tell you that I've moved this post to the iPad Help forum while, at the same time, I've deleted your duplicate post you made today on this same topic.

Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts