What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube not working! Help me plz!!!

duduhead96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
My iPad 2 is something like 6 months old now but I have a problem... My YouTube is no longer working (the app and the YouTube through the browser on the iPad). It has NOT been jail broken or something like that. My iPhone 4 is actually having the problem with the YouTube app but it fell in water and since then 3 things are not working :D but the browser YouTube is working there!
So... I hope you can tell me what to do :) Any ideas what is causing this problem?
I've been very active on the iPhone Forums and I'll try to be as active here :)
Thank you in advance! I hope you can help me and save my free time entertainment :)

image-4005854877.jpg

That is happening IF it does anything...

image-703461309.jpg

And after about one hour waiting this thing gave me the same error as in the previous picture...

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

The first thing, however, that I have to ask is that you don't "bump" your threads until 48 hours have passed without a response. This is an international forum and it takes time for everyone to see all the posts here. And, I can guarantee you - half an hour is definitely not long enough to expect a reply. It's in our rules, that 48 hours. Please respect that. Thanks.

For your situation, have you tried a restart or a reboot after fully closing out the app? In case you haven't and need reminding, to do:

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

That takes care of a surprising number of iPad issues. See if it helps yours.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
D

duduhead96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer but I did those things before I posted... Sorry I should have written that too. I hope there is another way to make it work again because this didn't help...

By the way I just tried the same again three times all but no effect...

Last edited:
OP
D

duduhead96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys can I ask you for something else as well...

Can somebody check if your YouTube works? My iPhone 4 YouTube on the browser stopped as well... I'm very worried I disconnected from the Wi-Fi at home but still not working! Please check this for me! Thank you again :)

OP
D

duduhead96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
superhoops said:
Yep mines fine ipad 2 and iphone 4s

OK... Thank you very much for checking!
At least my problem is only with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4...
Still hoping someone has an idea how to fix this issue...
Thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
D

duduhead96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yaaaay
It fixed itself :) I guess it was just some waiting and that was all...

Anyway, thank you very much guys :)

Most reactions