What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

youtube app no longer works

davecabezo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Just yesterday the youtube app stopped working, all I get is "No Video". I then try to sign in through the app but get the message "authenticity failed" Any ideas?

Regards

Dave

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to reset the app by completely closing it in the multi-task bar. See if that fixes the problem.

Tim

OP
D

davecabezo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Not sure what you mean or how to do it. Also if I delete the app how do I get it back?

Sorry for my ignorance,

Dave

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He means to close the app out of the iPad's memory completely. This won't delete the app from your iPad.

To do so - double click your home button. The screen will rise and you will see a bunch of apps/icons in a row. Press any icon and hold and you'll get a red dash (-) in the upper left of the icon and the icons will "wiggle." Find the app you're having trouble with and press the red [-] symbol. The app will disappear.

Then, just touch the screen above and it will slide back down. You can then go to whichever screen the app in on and try to open it again.

That should help your issue. Do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. When you are removing an app from that line below the screen, you can remove some, none or all. It won't matter. It just takes them out of a tiny bit of memory and makes it as if they never were running. There is no harm in removing them all...

P.P.S. Even if you were to delete an app (which you cannot do in this process I described), you can go back to the App Store an re-download them. You won't get charged again for downloading an app you already purchased.

OP
D

davecabezo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mickey,

Did as you said but I still cannot get it to work. When I click the App I just get the "loading message" and when I click at the bottom for video's or any other choice then I get through to the youtube video's but if I click on my favorite video's then I'm asked for username & Password, is there a different password for the app than the normal password I use when logging in via google?

Regards,

Dave

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did all of that and it doesn't work for me either so....

1) This app no longer works properly (can't see any PMs and other things work sometimes)
2) Can't use YouTube
3) Genius in the Apple Store app no longer works.

:(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, guys, but I can't duplicate any of these problems on my mom's iPad2 (WiFi only). YouTube works (to include accessing videos, favorites and signing in with my Google password). And, I haven't upgraded my jail broken iPad1 off of iOS 4.3.3, so I can't look at it there.

Oh, and yes, there is a problem with the IPF app - we're waiting for the developer to repair it. Just hang on for that one...

So - I've got nothing. Sorry.

The only thing I can suggest is to do either a restart or a reset (for the YouTube issue). Or both.

Again, my apologies. I hope someone can come along and help better than I did...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts