What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

youtube not working

t0m1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My youtube stopped working today. It just says "Could not connect" Any ideas how to fix this? I have rebooted my ipad, but it didnt help. I have Protube app too and that works great,but my 3-years old daughter only knows how to use the original youtube lol.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
t0m1 said:
My youtube stopped working today. It just says "Could not connect" Any ideas how to fix this? I have rebooted my ipad, but it didnt help. I have Protube app too and that works great,but my 3-years old daughter only knows how to use the original youtube lol.

After reading your Post, I tried the YouTube app myself, it works perfectly for me.

OP
T

t0m1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also can't connect to gmail with my ipad or laptop ( Windows 7) but my wifes Android phone connects fine. All are in same wifi connection. Really weird.

Mental2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

My YT app stopped working about a fortnight ago. It now works, but only on second load of each video,

What's more annoying, however, is that my safari no longer plays www .youtube. com content. It just tells me to install Flash. The only time it works as it used to is when playing an embedded video on an external site.

Any ideas why I can't play www .youtube. com any longer? This used to be by far the most efficient way of viewing YT content.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Maybe try resetting it.
To reset hold down the power and the home button until the apple button appears.
This takes a bit longer than a reboot.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mental2000 said:
Hi there,

My YT app stopped working about a fortnight ago. It now works, but only on second load of each video,

What's more annoying, however, is that my safari no longer plays www .youtube. com content. It just tells me to install Flash. The only time it works as it used to is when playing an embedded video on an external site.

Any ideas why I can't play www .youtube. com any longer? This used to be by far the most efficient way of viewing YT content.

Thanks!

Have you considered adding an app such as jasmine, which plays YouTube content in a form playable on the iPad? Tree is also the YouTube app, available in the App Store. It's an iPhone app, but works fine on the iPad as well.

Most reactions