What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube app can't login

traildad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can not log into YouTube with the app for my new account. I can log into an older account. I keep getting a message that it is not available. I tried two step verification and app specific codes but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks ken

OP
T

traildad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am happy to say I have found a solution to my problem. I fixed it by going to the my channel page. Then I clicked on settings. Then I clicked info and settings. Then I clicked edit channel URL. I entered a new custom URL. I chose a name as close to the user name as I could get. This caused the URL to change from /channel/ifneofjie3383eid etc. to /user/"name". I wonder if the app is coded to always look for a path starting with /user rather than /channel. I do not need to use two step verification or app specific passwords. Problem solved!

OP
T

traildad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also want to add that I was having the same problem with my blu ray player YouTube login and my video capture YouTube uploaded software login. All three were fixed by changing the channel URL.

Most reactions

Latest posts