What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No access to Youtube account

dvl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As of today I can no longer access My Account (+ video's) on my Youtube app. Running Youtube in Safari is no problem. With Safari I can access my account using my Gmail account. But when I enter these details in the Youtube app it says "Youtube not available".

It has been working the 4 weeks or so??? any ideas?

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found this on another forum, and it fixed another user's issue who was getting the same error as you. Hope it helps!:

My guess it it's the way you may be subscribed to some items in Youtube. Go in and edit your subscription, and see if you have any subscriptions set to update you with "All videos uploaded, rated, favorited, and commented on by (nameOfChannel)." Change this setting to update you with "Only videos uploaded by (nameOfChannel)."

OP
D

dvl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny thing is I have deleted all subscriptions. Did a resync with iTunes. Still it didn't work. Then I bought a Youtube app from the iTunes store.
Had no problems there. Played around with it for a while, and guess what... my original Youtube app started to work again?!?!?

But.. it still says Youtube not available every now and then.
So, I'll just stick to my new Youtube app.

Thanks for the reply!

Reaction score
Maybe you are not connected to the internet, this happens to me sometimes, I usually check my settings and sometimes
It's unconnected or loading, if it's loading it takes maybe a couple seconds to reconnect, to connect the Internet you slide your finger across the blue line that has the word "wifi" next to it, if it does not connect, I suggest rebooting it.

Most reactions

Latest posts