What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You tube missing after update?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I added the new YouTube app to my home screen, right beside the iPF app.:)

image-1680603505.jpg

bilmonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem with missing you tube app. Why? I can no longer download magazines from my bookstore. The message tells me I need to create a different apple I'd.

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well maybe there will be a version of Youtube for iOS 6, but atm you can only watch Youtube via Safari, which makes me really annoyed that many vids cannot play.

Think I will just keep the old working OS I like Google maps and don't wish to lose it.

Me too. Apple new Maps app is a ugly mess.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well maybe there will be a version of Youtube for iOS 6, but atm you can only watch Youtube via Safari, which makes me really annoyed that many vids cannot play.

Me too. Apple new Maps app is a ugly mess.

No need to speculate.

Google has already said they are working on the iPad version of the YouTube app in the description of the iPhone version. You can also download third party YouTube players from the App Store. Jasmine is being touted as quite complete already.

They have also promised a native Google Maps application before Christmas.

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to speculate.

Google has already said they are working on the iPad version of the YouTube app in the description of the iPhone version. You can also download third party YouTube players from the App Store. Jasmine is being touted as quite complete already.

They have also promised a native Google Maps application before Christmas.

Thanks for the info thewitt. I've just downloaded Jasmine, the app seems pretty good.

While Youtube is still missing on iOS 6, it might be a good opportunity for third-party Youtube streaming apps haha.

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Being one of those who sadly updated to iOS 6 before I found out about the missing YouTube app and as I use my iPad on YouTube for 80% of my ipad usage is there a paid for app that works just like to old free one, I don't like using safari on YouTube as a lot of available videos do not show on the web page but did in the app.

Failing that is there a way to go back to 5.1.1 as that did everything I needed.

Thanks

Paul

alkan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What mess this latest update is. I haven't just lost Youtube itself i've lost all my favorites as well. Another thing that I find very inconvenient is the fact when you click on the Apps icon the categories icon is missing. This is a real screw-up. You don't get the ordered choice of Music, Games, Entertainment etc. Can you undo an upgrade and go back to what you were?
I made a big mistake when I upgraded, I clicked on backup but my apps were not backed up. It has taken me all afternoon to reinstall all of them, luckily the apps were not lost but all the data was. (99% were paid for) so I could click on 'paid' . All the apps have a 'New' sticker on them.I don't know what that is for.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
alkan said:
What mess this latest update is. I haven't just lost Youtube itself i've lost all my favorites as well. Another thing that I find very inconvenient is the fact when you click on the Apps icon the categories icon is missing. This is a real screw-up. You don't get the ordered choice of Music, Games, Entertainment etc. Can you undo an upgrade and go back to what you were?
I made a big mistake when I upgraded, I clicked on backup but my apps were not backed up. It has taken me all afternoon to reinstall all of them, luckily the apps were not lost but all the data was. (99% were paid for) so I could click on 'paid' . All the apps have a 'New' sticker on them.I don't know what that is for.

I'm sorry, but the signing window for iOS 5.1.1 was closed yesterday. It's no longer possible to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 from iOS 6.

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes Jasmine seems to be a nice Youtube replacement app.
While the mobile website works fine you get rid of the top bar using Jasmine and you can output your video to your AppleTV!

d168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am upset about Youtube disappearing from my ipad

My ipad had Youtube when I set it up. After that I was prompted to update something. The update wiped out the Youtube. I had no idea that Youtube would never be viewed on ipad now. Had I known it I would not have bought the ipad. I only need the device for youtube video when I am not by my computer, and to view photographs. I don't use it for another other things. Now Youtube is gone. The device is only a photo album to me. I am upset.:(

d168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paul: I am very upset about Youtube's disappearance. I will ask a foolish question. Is there anyway to undo the updating?

michaelmagas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo everybody

If I can help, there is a good app instant of youtube , the YouPlayer.
You can see all the youtube videos with no problem, and it is free!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restore to factory, is a guess. If you started with ios5. Do you have any back ups you can use to restore. Don't know if jailbreak would help it scares me.

Most reactions

Latest posts