What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You tube ios 6

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all,

Can anyone tell me when we will be able to have you tube on ios6. I have just installed ios6 , but there is no app for ipad yet, only for i phone.

Thanks.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can either download the iPhone version of the app which works ok'ish on the iPad. It stays in portrait mode until you play a video and it will then flip to landscape mode.

Or you can use YouTube via safari until they make an iPad app version.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Supposedly, there is an iPad Youtube app being developed by Google. Hopefully, it will appear soon.

OP
D

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, i have the iphone app, how do i access my you tube account to watch my favourites? How do i get you tube through safari?

osutrooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drofpets said:
Thanks, i have the iphone app, how do i access my you tube account to watch my favourites? How do i get you tube through safari?

Use safari or goggle Crome to access your favorites

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Drofpets said:

If using the app do the following to access the sign in

If using safari, in the search box just type YouTube and then click the link to open YouTube

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Attachments

• image-278768996.jpg
    image-278768996.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 419
OP
D

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all, i can now access my favs, and you tube through google chrome. It is not as good as original you tube on ios5, but will do until apple give us an app ipad ios6.

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reverted back to 5.1.1', I have the you tube app back. I opened the YouTube site in safari and book marked it and add it to my home page to compare to two options. When you open YouTube from safari you will need to log into your google account to see you favorites but it's much the same as how the YouTube app works.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts