What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You love your tablet!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
beesknees said:
See and I hate the idea of a phone always on me. Mine sits in a drawer unless I leave the house. Having a smart phone means there is always some to do and you are always accessible. No thanks.

I'm with ya. That's why I have a Tracfone and it only goes with me when it absolutely has to. This concept of being able to get a hold of someone no matter where they are or what they are doing is almost scary. How did people ever survive way back when? :D

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We used to talk to each other ...
Still better than texting emailing etc......

I received a very warm and heartfelt text from my sister last week. Call me old-fashioned but it felt hollow. A phone call would have been so much nicer.

Back on track, if I am going to text the only device I want to do it on is my iPad.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
beesknees said:
I received a very warm and heartfelt text from my sister last week. Call me old-fashioned but it felt hollow. A phone call would have been so much nicer.

Back on track, if I am going to text the only device I want to do it on is my iPad.

What about FaceTime? Have you done that with your sister?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
What about FaceTime? Have you done that with your sister?

No. She lives close enough for that o seem silly. I actually have not yet done facetime at all.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
beesknees said:
No. She lives close enough for that o seem silly. I actually have not yet done facetime at all.

Even if she lived next door I can't see why face timing would seem silly....though some women claim the camera does one no favors....

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beesknees said:

You are missing out. We use FaceTime all the time to talk with my wife's sister that does live next door to us. :) more practical though to talk with my brother several states down and other people we see less frequently.

Anna84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now I use my iPhone around the house for web browsing, Youtube and playing some games (like Cut the rope, Angry birds etc) but I can't wait to have my iPad to do that and more in a bigger and better screen!

Raw Intentions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I use both my phone and by tablet. I do prefer the tablet for most stuff, but when out and about the phone is easier to use. I rarely use it to with a web browser, though. there are plenty of apps that pull info down off the web and serve it up better than a web browser. Using the apps for this forum on the phone works well, but whenever I can, I go to the tablet. The tablet is more useful for most of the stuff I do, except when I'm moving around. I especially prefer to use my tablet for navigation, but if I am out and about, then the phone provides a more quick and dirty option as I don't have to mount it. I don't make many calls on my phone...it is more like a pocket computer. I do think the article applies to me, though. I do feel a stronger connection to the tablet than the phone, but I have to admit I enjoy having both. And I like the fact that the iPad is pretty much a big iPhone or iPad Touch. :)

And I still use both a desktop and a laptop!

I second this post. I find myself not having to use my computer which is located on the other side of the house. I am free to roam more. I am the type that's always on the web. I have a rooted bionic on me at all times but that's because I have free wifi tethering. If I thought I was not going to use my new iPad on a hourly...(yes I said "hourly") bases then I would not have spent over $800 on it. This bad boy is going to earn every penny. If you are allowing your iPad to collect dust I will gladly take it off your hands.

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've practically stopped using my big 15.6" laptop since buying my iPad 3. I can do just about everything on this thing, and best of all it's easiest to take with me.

Sent from my iPad 3 (WiFi only, 16 GB) using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts