What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YooBao iPad 2 case modification - now perfect leather case for me

gortyargen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought one of the original Yoobao iPad 2 cases. It was fairly odorous to say the least but I threw it out on the deck for a couple of days and let the sun beat down on it. Now there is barely a smell with it at all.

The sleep function worked fine and also didn't cause the sleep problem when folded over. I love this case. It adds the least amount of weight to the iPad 2 and is very snug fitting. The problem with it was that the front cover didn't close tightly enough. As I carry my iPad 2 around in my work rucksack, I needed a way to keep the front cover closed.

As you can see from the images, I got a piece of elasticated fabric stuff (not sure what it is called) and sewed it into the case. Couldn't quite get the right colour thread but it looks OK to me. Now when I need to close the cover tightly I just loop the elastic band round the back.

I'm sure the Yoobao guys could make a version 3 of the case this way using the right colour elastic stuff for the red, brown and black cases. Obviously, if my case had been black you would not even notice the black elastic stuff. Actually it doesn't even have to be as wide as the stuff I used.

yoobao1.jpg

yoobao2.jpg

yoobao3.jpg

Zoressa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Magnetic cover doesn't work if no tight close

I bought the same leather version. Mine didn't close either. The effect is that the magnetic cover doesn't work and it doesn't go to sleep. Thus, I have to shut it off all the time when I stop using it - defeats the purpose of the magnetic closure. I am looking for another cover.

Don9307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zoressa said:
I bought the same leather version. Mine didn't close either. The effect is that the magnetic cover doesn't work and it doesn't go to sleep. Thus, I have to shut it off all the time when I stop using it - defeats the purpose of the magnetic closure. I am looking for another cover.

Get the leather case from Ifrogz. It's perfect!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts