What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-leather case that doesn't block camera connection kit?

willcoq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan on buying an iPad 2 soon, so I've been researching cases like mad. I will be using the camera connection kit (allows you to plug USB and SD cards in, I'll be using it for a MIDI keyboard), and I know some cases don't allow enough room around the port for the kit to plug in. What case do you use with your camera connection kit? I don't want to use a leather case. Fake leather is okay.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Griffin Survivor - case does NOT fit the camera connection kit. Won't consider this one.

Casecrown - some reviews on Amazon said the iPad can fall out and the case doesn't wake it from sleep. Still might consider this case though, as the reviews are overall very good
Link: Amazon.com: CaseCrown Apple iPad 2 Bold Standby case (Black) for iPad 2 (Built-in magnet for Apple Smart Cover's sleep & awake): Electronics
Khomo Dual Case - good reviews, 40 reviews, no 1 star reviews. However, doesn't fit camera connection kit and the front magnet thing is flimsy - guess I won't be getting this one.
Link: Amazon.com: KHOMO DUAL CASE: Polyurethane Smart Cover FRONT + Hard Rubberized Poly-carbonate BACK Protector for Apple iPad 2: Electronics
Targus Versavu - apparently the iPad gets smudges on the screen and slips out. This one is out

Otterbox Defender - I'm considering this. Don't know about camera connection kit though. Anybody?

Mware C.E.O. Hybrid - 60 reviews on Amazon, 4/5 stars. Has some pretty bad 1 star reviews though. Don't know about camera connection kit.
Link: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for iPad 2 Black (602956007722)
Well, what case do you have, and what do you think about it?

PTLinsongz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a novice at this, but I have to ask the question: have you verified that the camera connection kit (usb) and Ipad will support a MIDI keyboard? I use the Yoobao executive leather and find that the leather can be moved out of the way to use the 30 pin port.

PTLinsongz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Supplemental:
In my response above, note that I have only used the charging plug so far in the 30 pin port. Is the Camera connection kit plug wider?

Most reactions

Latest posts