What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet Another iOS 5 UNTETHERED Jailbreak Update From pod2g "Focused on A5"

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

In a blog post titled "Focused on A5" pod2g, the person responsible for the upcoming iOS 5 untethered Jailbreak, tells us the Jailbreak is almost complete... at least for non-A5 iDevices. pod2g has send all of the info and details to Chronic Dev who are going to put together the Jailbreak for public release. While they are working on that, pod2g will be focusing on getting a working untethered Jailbreak for the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S. He hopes to find a "path quick" with a little help from Chronic Dev as well.

"I read the comments on the blog, and I know that a lot of people are waiting for the A5 jailbreak.

Also, I know there are tons of people out there with A4 or even earlier devices who wants the untether now and don't care about it could be interesting to wait A5 is finished to release or even 5.1, so that we don't waste an exploit that took me months to find and develop.

I need to focus on A5 and hope I can find a path quick, and I have the feeling that chronic-dev could help me.

So, here is what I did:
- I gave all the details to the chronic dev team so that they can finish, test, integrate and release the A4 jb ASAP.
- I'll put all my energy from now on on the A5

Hope I don't disappoint.

See you."

However, in the post he does mention wanting to wait for iOS 5.1 to be released publicly by Apple so that he can see if his exploit was patched. This could possibly mean we might have to wait until January for the release of the untethered Jailbreak but no official word from pod2g, just a thought. If he were to release the Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 before the public release of 5.1, Apple could patch his exploit which "took months to find and develop". So if we wait for 5.1 to release we could possibly have the latest firmware untethered and Jailbroken. This of course means a longer wait, but a more recent Jailbreak.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

itzik_man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"I need to focus on A5 " what he (pod2g) is trying to tell us...? there are possible 100x time more of A4 devices the the A5 devices ! what a baseless statement...

Most reactions