What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xoom $1199 on Best Buy's website

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait, the Motorola Xoom Costs What Now?!

Motorola-Xoom-Pre-Order-Best-Buy-1199.jpg

A seemingly legitimate $1,199 Motorola Xoom now sits on the Best Buy web site, ready for pre-order. What happened to the already steep $800? It would seem the hill has become a mountain for this initially well-received tablet.

While the Xoom impressed the heck out of us at CES, the luster has faded considerably since January following news that it would require a 1-month 3G network activation just to use the wifi feature. Gross.

This (new?) price point, which could very well be a placeholder, has seemingly tarnished this "iPad killer"—in quotes for a reason—even more.

Pre-ordering begins Thursday if you're interested. [Best Buy via Engadget]

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
..and here comes the truth for all the anti-apple brigade out there, all those complaints that the iPad was too expensive, and under spec'ed.

I feel a need to rush over to gizmodo to gloat! ;)

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What the hell are they thinking? That's absolutely ridiculous and can only surmise that if they do have an 800 dollar version it will be extremely dulled down and slow. Not that I wanted one, I am switching everything over to Apple products, but just think of all the security problems that thing will have over time not to mention the battery life. I love my 700 dollar iPad.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
porsche911.jpg

OR

xoom.jpg

Decisions, decisions....

At least the shipping is free with the Xoom!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts