What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox 360 4GB or 250GB?

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an absolute noob when it comes to the world of Xbox and need a bit of advice. I'm planning on buying a console in the not-too-distant future and, after some research online, I'm somewhat confused. Some reviews say that the 4GB is plenty of space for a casual gamer (that's me), while other reviews say that even for a casual gamer the 4GB fills up mighty quick and I should get the 250GB. I'm not a huge gamer (maybe an hour a day, if that), I don't necessarily plan on playing anything live nor will I be downloading movies/music/etc. In fact I'm really only buying the system in order to play Oblivion, the forthcoming Skyrim, and maybe Fable. So then, should I buy the 4GB or spring for the 250? The 4GB seems like the glaringly obvious answer to me, but I'd hate to buy it only to realize I don't have enough space to save/play games...any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look man, let's say you bought the 4GB. Someday in the future, this awesome video game that will be awesome is going to come out, and you're going to really want it. So you buy it. Then another totally cool game will come, and you will get it. But then, when you realize you're lost in the awesome world of gaming, and ran out of space, you're going to wish you bought the 250GB.

I got a 320GB PS3, because I am a true gamer. I've used about 15% of that 320GB, and I've only had it for a year. Trust me, 4GB will never be enough. But, hey, it's your choice.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought the 4 gig and wish I spent the extra cash for the 250gig, game updates and new maps will such up that 4gig in no time

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
blucente said:
I bought the 4 gig and wish I spent the extra cash for the 250gig, game updates and new maps will such up that 4gig in no time

Yeah you should....alot of new games will be multiple disks. That way you can install entire game to hdd then use only 1disk to verify you have the game to play. You can't even install a single disk game on 4gb. Also cuts down on load times. Guess you'll have to ask Santa for a new hdd w/included transfer cable,

Last edited:

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on the games you list, I would get the 250 GB version. While you don't need all that space, you will need more than 4GB. Oblivion has some rather large DLC that need the space ( if you get the Game of the year edition, those will come with the game). Skyrim will no doubt follow its older brother with having large addons which will need to go on the hard drive. Fable has large downloadable content as well. Not to mention that the Bethesda games can definitely be improved by copying the discs to the hard drive, which can use up 5-7GB. So I would go ahead and spring for the larger hard drive if you can.

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded! Truly appreciated. Looks like the 250GB it is! It seems to be the better deal in the long run (and I also priced PS3s which start at 160GB for the same price as the Xbox 250GB...no brainer there...although with the PS3 you don't need to pay for playing live, but I'm not too concerned about that.)

One again, many thanks!

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah i have the 4gb kinect package and i really do wish i got something bigger, a lot bigger. 4 gb doesnt do anything. think about it, can you live with a 4gb ipod ?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had wondered about the 4Gig, honestly I did not know that meant the hard drive size lol that is a little on the small side. I am glad I saw this thread because I have been thinking about getting an Xbox

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
I had wondered about the 4Gig, honestly I did not know that meant the hard drive size lol that is a little on the small side. I am glad I saw this thread because I have been thinking about getting an Xbox

Yeah, from what I've found, for $100 more it's certainly worth it. I too thought I wanted the 4Gig as I'm not a hardcore gamer (and don't worry as I had no idea the new consoles had hard drives...my last system was a PS2 which used Memory Cards.)...but I've come to find it's soooo not worth the price. :)

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, I remember memory cards. (faraway look).

Good choice, still. I hope you LOVE what your getting! :D

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pEAcEmAKeR said:
Lol, I remember memory cards. (faraway look).

Good choice, still. I hope you LOVE what your getting! :D

Oh yeah. I will. :D

(and I still have Memory Cards from my PS1...Resident Evil and Parasite Eve...them's was the good ol' days. :))

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, I can't believe I actually used to use 8MB Memory Cards...now I use almost a million times more storage than that! :D

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pEAcEmAKeR said:
Lol, I can't believe I actually used to use 8MB Memory Cards...now I use almost a million times more storage than that! :D

Lol the future is great isnt it!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got a 360 250GB! And thus far I'm very happy -- too happy in fact. I've been playing waaaaay too much Fable 2 at the expense of other things I *should* be doing.

Which means that when I get pwned by Skyrim in November I'll officially have no life and piles of laundry to do.

Most reactions

Latest posts