What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wunderground crashing Safari

forefun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody been having issues with wunderground.com crashing Safari on their iPad?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't help with Safari, works on my Safari on iPad (3.2.2), but there's an app for that. WunderMap (app store) from the same people as weather underground and it looks better than the web version any way, and works just as well.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wunderground crashes for me under Safari..... It never used to.. The main page opens, but it dies when I try to view the conditions in a town or city... They use quite a bit of flash on Wunderground, so I guess I'll have add it to the growing list of my favorite web sites that I can't visit with the iPad. :(

I knew the iPad didn't do flash when I got it, but I had no idea how many sites that I was visiting regularly used flash..

dar512

iPF Noob
Reaction score

dar512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried wundermap. It doesn't give all the good information the wunderground.com does. Try the weatherbug app. It gives hourly forecasts.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I have weather channel, downloading weather hd now...went to wunderground and as soon as I hit the first letter of my city it took me to my home screen...guess that's what you guys mean when u said it crashes

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried wundermap. It doesn't give all the good information the wunderground.com does. Try the weatherbug app. It gives hourly forecasts.

I use wundermap.. It's essentially the same as downloading the wundermap web page from wunderground, but faster. I have a personal weather station with a web cam, and I can view the conditions and images from wundermap when I'm away from home.

carlsbl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDevice specific Wunderground link

Wunderground has an iDevice specific page that does not crash Safari. I use a shortcut on my Home Screen for fast access to my weather. Much faster than waiting for one of those apps to load up.

I don't have enough posts to post a link so look for the link in the upper right hand corner of Wunderground to get it.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How much better is it than "weather hd"? That app looks great! Show dew point, wind, visibility, forecast etc

Most reactions

Latest posts