What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad safari problem

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the First generation iPad. Lately, safari has been crashing constantly. Actually a lot of applications are also. I did a full restore and nothing changed. Anyone else has this issue?

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sincere11105 said:
I have the First generation iPad. Lately, safari has been crashing constantly. Actually a lot of applications are also. I did a full restore and nothing changed. Anyone else has this issue?

I have two first gen iPads and both are sluggish and not near as smooth and consistent now that 4.3 is loaded. If just one was acting up I would consider a hardware issue yet both act similar.

I don't however have issues with safari - but do have issues now and then with apps just closing inadvertently are stuttering during use etc.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know my friend's iPod touch works sluggish with the v4.2 firmware.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice several people in this thread concerned about issues after they'd upgraded. Just in case - OK, you've almost certainly done this, so please don't get mad....

Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’.

Tim
Scotland

pdks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice several people in this thread concerned about issues after they'd upgraded. Just in case ...

Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button ...recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’.

Tim
Scotland

Hey Tim, thanks kindly. This simple procedure nailed my Safari issue. I was looking for something much more 'grave!'

Phil

Most reactions

Latest posts