What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong Password

fernackerpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have reset my ipad and changed the password but when i reboot it says wrong password ..So i changed it again . I wanted to update my apps from the store but yet again wrong password appears....Am i right in saying( that once i reset everthing i cannot down load anything for 90 days) but that being said it should recognise my new password and it does not...Any ideas ???:mad:

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fernackerpan said:
I have reset my ipad and changed the password but when i reboot it says wrong password ..So i changed it again . I wanted to update my apps from the store but yet again wrong password appears....Am i right in saying( that once i reset everthing i cannot down load anything for 90 days) but that being said it should recognise my new password and it does not...Any ideas ???:mad:

If you had backed up your iPad you should be OK. RESTORE the iPad like it is brand new. This will erase EVERYTHING including the need for a password. Then hook to iTunes set the iPad up as a new iPad. After that is done then restore from your last backup.

You will have to reset your iPad to iTunes on your computer since you can not remember your password.

You should be OK from here.

Oh one more real important item.

REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD NEXT TIME. (SMyLE)

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

OP
fernackerpan

fernackerpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that...Just remind me,what the steps are to back up and with what ie: itunes as i cannot for the life in me what the sequence is.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fernackerpan said:
Thanks for that...Just remind me,what the steps are to back up and with what ie: itunes as i cannot for the life in me what the sequence is.

Hook your iPad to your computer. Once iTunes locates your iPad left click on the iPad name either generic name or of you renamed the iPad there will be options listed there. One option will be to back up the iPad. Of course choose that option.

From there you should be good.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you scrolled to the bottom of the App Store, tapped on your Apple ID (shown in most tabs), signed out, then signed in with the new password?

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Have you scrolled to the bottom of the App Store, tapped on your Apple ID (shown in most tabs), signed out, then signed in with the new password?

The above is a great suggestion. Much easier I would think rather than to reset the iPad. Both methods should work for you.

Try the Apple Store web page first.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Done that and nothing has changed

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Most reactions