What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writing my life story.

Victor Isaacs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At 77 years old I have had an interesting life. I would like to write it for my family before I go. However I need to know what is the best iPad app I can use.
I also really want to use my voice including telling it about commas, new paragraph etc.

could someone kindly advise me the best way forward please.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At 77 years old I have had an interesting life. I would like to write it for my family before I go. However I need to know what is the best iPad app I can use.
I also really want to use my voice including telling it about commas, new paragraph etc.

could someone kindly advise me the best way forward please.
If I were going to write my autobiography, I would use Apple Pages.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

There are actually quite a few more commands that work with dictation. I had/have a longer list of commands that I put together when the iPad was still in the early years. Yes, dictation is a really old feature on the iPad.

If interested, I can see if I can find it. But the commands in the article are probably all you need.

As for using Pages, that should work fine. If you really dig in, you can even use it to publish an ebook. The problem with using Pages is resisting the urge to get everything looking nice, when you should probably spend most of your time getting the words right. Tweaking can come after.

There are so many really great writing apps for the iPad, it’s very difficult to pick one, let alone recommend one. I generally find myself convinced to get whichever one I’ve just seen reviewed, and I’m not even a writer. The important think is to pick one, but make sure it will export your work in a standard format, so that you can change your mind later. Pages fits that criteria. You can start with it, and change your mind later if you find another app you like better.

Most reactions

Latest posts