What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone writing a book on their Ipad 2?

Christophxr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can write anything on the iPad. But to properly format a manuscript takes more than Pages or Quick Office can handle. As much as I would love to write my books on the iPad (and I am a professional writer) its just impossible. Also, the longer the document gets, the harder it is to scroll back and cut and paste text. The only thing I use the iPad for is to read over my work in ebook format, which is helpful for catching errors.

My best advice is to get that laptop or desktop. If you are lucky enough to get a contract, you are going to need that heavy duty machine to pull the workload editors require through and to the stage of publication.

Devyn
www.devynquinn.com
Coming Aug 2- Darkness Descending A novel of the Vampire Armageddon

You should try out DocsToGo; it's actually been very good to me for my latest book. I'm at around page 500 and it's still going strong–loads quickly, scrolls quickly (thank goodness for the scroll bar) and has all the functionality you'll need (search, fonts, etc.) and though it won't display all of your formats, it will keep them all so that you can switch between using it and a standard word processor. Of course, I still need and use Microsoft Word on my PC every now and then when I need to make mass edits, but the majority of my writing has been done via DocsToGo alone.

Very handy indeed, especially for someone who writes best when not at home like me.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Storyist is an app worth looking at. It breaks up chunks of text so you don't have 500 pages in one document. Easy to navigate and supports Dropbox I think. iPad is having a rest at the moment but when I go on it later I'll have a look and report back.

Most reactions

Latest posts