What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WritePad 4.0 Now Available for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

PhatWare has just released the latest version of its WritePad handwriting recognition software for iPad, which will set you back $9.99 from the App Store. The app is designed to learn your style of handwriting and adapt to it, using simple finger movements to highlight text, cut, copy, paste and insert characters. It also features a spellchecker, a context analyser, an auto-corrector and a shorthand feature that completes frequently used words and phrases.

You can use either your finger or an iPad stylus such as True Touch Stylus to write directly on the iPad screen. New to this current version of the app is a Handwriting Input Panel, which enables users to enter text by handwriting on the input panel, which is approximately the same size as the iPad’s onscreen keyboard. Your handwriting will then be converted to digital text.
PhatWare says that using the Handwriting Input Panel method can be much faster than writing by hand in full-screen mode, because it reduces the error rate during recognition. Users now have the option to use either input method.

Other very handy features of the app include being able to send text files via email, or to transfer files to and from another iPhone or iPad. You can also use the built-in HTTP file server to swap text files between the iPad and a desktop computer, using the free WritePad Sync Lite app for Window and Mac.

Source: PhatWare

iamfudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish there was a "lite" version that you could try before dropping $10. Maybe something with a watermark, just to see if it would recognize your handwriting over a short bit of time...

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish there was a "lite" version that you could try before dropping $10. Maybe something with a watermark, just to see if it would recognize your handwriting over a short bit of time...

Very true but I think I will fork out the money for it anyways. It'll be invaluable for class in the fall

Most reactions

Latest posts