What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you return your 3G?

Would you want a refund if ending to unlimited data plan was announced?

• Keep my iPad 3G, I'll deal with the new plans

Votes: 50 71.4%
  • I want my refund. I'm not falling for the bait and switch

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • This requires serious time for consideration and I'm undecided

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's say hypothetically that ATT announced that in 6 months all customers would be required to switch over to the new data plan rates and there would be no more unlimited plans.

If apple offered a grace period accepting full returns with refunds, would you trade in your beloved 3G or switch to the limited data plan?

AngelSpeedfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. I was just sitting in my car waiting for the wife and was able to get online while waiting in the parking lot.... No 3G and I couldn't do that anymore. Most places have wifi so you really shouldn't rack up that much 3G with a little self control. I am thinking about downgrading my unlimited plan as it is.

Photo1017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wjd333.smugmug.com
I orders 16gb 3G direct from apple on the 5th (pre-deadline), but then saw one available at bestbuy. I got the best buy 64gb 3G and cancelled apple order figuring I could live with new plan.
Turns out I signed up and on for unlimited on jun 9th!!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What gets lost in all the debate is that even the new plans are among the best deals going for wireless data. I'm sticking.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was paying $30/mo to Verizon for data on my phone - even without the unlimited plan, I doubt I will top that. Plus, my company pays my data bill because I'm on call 24hrs and have to respond to email alerts.

mom2kkchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switched mine before the deadline to get unlimited data. I wanted unlimited data since we have netflix so i can watch movies on the go.

Roundplay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gomuvn.com
Ok, so I did sign up for unlimited b4 the deadline. It is lame of AT&T. But, I definitely wouldn't return the 3G regardless because the new limited plan is still a pretty high bandwidth, isn't it? And As much as I do use the wifi whenever possible, 3G has proven a necessity when on the go, like in a taxi or parking lot.

Heather1321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't get my 3G until after AT&T announced it was doing away with the unlimited. I would like the option, but I'm going to try the 250mg plan for a month and see how it goes.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't do much downloading and keep your purchases low key, 250mb is more than enough for occasional surfing while out.
With Telus in Canada, the minimum signup is 500mb for 20$a month. After a month of use I barely scratched 100mb. I can safely say that I'll never blow the 500mb maximum.

thesoundsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thesoundsmith.com
For me, a no-brainer. I bought the 3G version because I needed one ready to go this Tuesday, and nobody in the immediate vicinity had WiFi-only models in stock. I only bought it with the understanding that this plan was permanent (rates may change, but the month-to-month would not.) So gimme my $$$ and I'll get one without 3G and with more memory.

Most reactions