What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note taking apps - Any righties write like a leftie??

ellessone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,
I have downloaded Penultimate, NoteTakerHD, Noteshelf, neu.Notes. . I can't get any of them to work for me.

I just received my new Terminator stylus and am having issues with all apps, most likely due to my handwriting style.

As a right handed person, I still write like a leftie (hard to explain) but I rest my palm on the upper-right side of the iPad. Which, even with all wrist protection on, still either shows marks, moves the screen, or picks random menus. . .I think I am just screwed and will need to use the iPad for other tasks!!!

Any others out there? Advice?

Thanks in advance.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, I tried writing that way with Penultimate and Noteshelf and see what you mean. I use the Roger iWand for a lot of writing and find a lot of the time my wrist doesn't even touch the screen. But I am a righty that writes like a righty.... I don't have it here with me now to try writing your way..... will try later. You may be better off using typing for note taking.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys,
I have downloaded Penultimate, NoteTakerHD, Noteshelf, neu.Notes. . I can't get any of them to work for me.

I just received my new Terminator stylus and am having issues with all apps, most likely due to my handwriting style.

As a right handed person, I still write like a leftie (hard to explain) but I rest my palm on the upper-right side of the iPad. Which, even with all wrist protection on, still either shows marks, moves the screen, or picks random menus. . .I think I am just screwed and will need to use the iPad for other tasks!!!

Any others out there? Advice?

Thanks in advance.

You mentioned you have Note Taker HD. Do you get stray marks even in Edit 2 mode, when you can only write in the bottom of the screen (while your handwriting goes in the top)?

Also, Notes Plus has that type of entry (press and hold the screen) and so long as you rest your wrist below the entry box, you won't make stray marks.

And yeah, I've noticed that the "palm guard" function of these writing apps doesn't do very well. Which is why I use the zoom-in editing function of Note Taker HD or Notes Plus.

Good luck on your search.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts