What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Workaround for Animoto

ddewaal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to add text using the Animoto app on the iPad? Right now all I can add is images and music. The Animoto website requires Adobe flash.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you thought about other video editing/creation apps? I ask because it appears as if the only way you can add text to a video created with Animoto is to access the web site. That's where the rendering is done - then you get the video back.

But, there are other creative apps that do rendering on the iPad itself. Two come to my mind right away: ReelDirector ($1.99, USD) and iMovie ($4.99, USD). Now, I see that ReelDirector explicitly states you can add text before rendering, while I can't tell if iMovie does.

Now, I am unsure about getting it off the iPad. iMovie says it'll save videos to the Photo app and provide for direct uploads to YouTube. ReelDirector says it also allows for uploads to YouTube - but mentions nothing about saving to the Photo app.

Disclaimer: I have ReelDirector, though I've not really worked with it. I don't have iMovie...

Just maybe - it might be easier to actually create the video in it's entirety on the iPad? Maybe these other apps may suit better?

In other words, I don't have an answer to your specific question. Sorry. :eek:

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts